What are these

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
supersnake83
Car: Infiniti J 30

Hi everyone,

I am not totally uneducated about cars, but there are many things I don't know.

Is this an air filter or an air intake. If it is an intake is it a cold air intake or a regular intake?

I see these on many modified J's because I've read that they help in performance. Where can I get one if they are good to replace the OEM filter? and about what price range should they cost?

Thanks,

Geoff.

brandonjustice93J30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

what you have pictured is an intake, but still sucks in warm air from the engine bay. Air filter would just be a drop in replacement .( ie: K&N drop in filter usually available under $50 )

From what I've been looking around at, Wim Wolf seems to be the popular company among Infiniti owners. The one they have lists for $159

http://www.jimwolftechnology.c...D=358

I suppose you could go with a less expensive unit, but with most car parts you get what you pay for. There's a few other companies that make them for the 300Z...but I'm not sure if they would fit, just like other parts for the same engine, but different engine bay.

Not sure if anyone else with an intake has used a different brand or not.

drape made his own custom cold air, since I dont think there's none available, so he might be able to give you some info on that

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”