what are the hihgest boost i can run on stock injectors

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Hennie
Car: nissan 300zx tt

hi i want to upgrate my z32 how much boost can i run on the std injectors.allreddy upgraded the ecu, turbos & intercoolers. what kind of fuel do i need.

Sgt
Car: 1991 Fairlady Z (JDM) Twin Turbo

It isn't quite that straight cut, but the stock injectors can safely support around 370rwhp. The rule of thumb here is generally 1cc of injector flow per 1hp.

I recommend leaving some room for error. You technically shouldn't exceed 80% duty on the injectors.

Run the highest octane pump gas you can (94+ if you can). Before you start pushing for higher power, make sure you have the timing set to 15 degrees. Also get some new colder NGK Iridium spark plugs, at least #7's.

I highly recommend installing a wideband air/fuel gauge to keep an eye on the fuel mixture so you can stop before you lean out.

You should also verify that your fuel pressure is set properly at idle and full boost to again, ensure you do not lean out.

If you are foggy on any of the things I talked about above, you should read into the details and do some googling, other wise you may easily end up with a blown engine.

Good luck

Sgt
Car: 1991 Fairlady Z (JDM) Twin Turbo

It isn't quite that straight cut, but the stock injectors can safely support around 370rwhp. The rule of thumb here is generally 1cc of injector flow per 1hp.

I recommend leaving some room for error. You technically shouldn't exceed 80% duty on the injectors.

Run the highest octane pump gas you can (94+ if you can). Before you start pushing for higher power, make sure you have the timing set to 15 degrees. Also get some new colder NGK Iridium spark plugs, at least #7's.

I highly recommend installing a wideband air/fuel gauge to keep an eye on the fuel mixture so you can stop before you lean out.

You should also verify that your fuel pressure is set properly at idle and full boost to again, ensure you do not lean out.

If you are foggy on any of the things I talked about above, you should read into the details and do some googling, other wise you may easily end up with a blown engine.

The thing all this stuff is to avoid is detonation/knock. If you are unfamiliar with this term, google it up. Knock = shattered connecting rods and pistons and holes in your engine block and lots of other shrapnel related chaos.

Good luck

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

short answer, about 16 psi

Hennie
Car: nissan 300zx tt

Thanks for the advice speek to your guys soon

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”