what are the best mods to do to a j30

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
kccake
Car: i994 infiniti j30

was just wondering what are the best mods to do to a j30??? like new parts or old from other cars ect!!! that will make you car handle better,bump up the horsepower ect!!!like is there under drive pullies,rear end gears,shift kits for the auto trany,ect available for the j30??? all post and ideas welcome as i tore my j30 right down to its skin thanks kevin

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

Check out the J30 faqs thread thats stuck above. There aren't too many mods for the j, it came pretty modded out from the factory for its time.

gr8scott72
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30t

driverdriver wrote:Check out the J30 faqs thread thats stuck above. There aren't too many mods for the j, it came pretty modded out from the factory for its time.
Yeah, sell it and get something that handles better, has more power. lol

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

gr8scott72 wrote:Yeah, sell it and get something that handles better, has more power. lol
Thats weak! The J handles pretty tight if you have brand new suspension components... You could add stiffer bushings to help.

driverdriver

With HICAS in the J30t you can easily out handle and overtake BMW and other Euro luxury car drivers in the corners.

gr8scott72

driverdriver wrote:With HICAS in the J30t you can easily out handle and overtake BMW and other Euro luxury car drivers in the corners.
I like the way my J drives and all but come on. It's a pig. I can run circles around it in my Golf with stock suspension (and I have the J30t with hicas).

The J is what it is. It's a very nice (old) sedan but in no way is it a sports car. If you want something faster and something that handles better I stick to my original statement; sell it and get something better to begin with.

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

gr8scott72 wrote:I like the way my J drives and all but come on. It's a pig. I can run circles around it in my Golf with stock suspension
Your kidding right? Ive driven a Golf and a Jetta and a Passat, they all drive like hondas, and I would have to say I would choose the J over any of them.
Modified by DominickJ30 at 11:27 PM 5/11/2006

driverdriver

An unmodified 2000 Golf with the 150bhp 1.8 inline 4 turbo may get a head start on a J and pick up a couple of car lengths at the outset, but the J will catch up to it and pass it. I know, I've smoked many wannabee VW street racers in the past.

VW GTI's with the VR6 running a chip, that's a different story.

gr8scott72

DominickJ30 wrote:Your kidding right? Ive driven a Golf and a Jetta and a Passat, they all drive like hondas, and I would have to say I would choose the J over any of them.
No, not kidding. I own both. Even my wife that drives the J all the time says that she likes my car becuase she can take the on-ramps to the interstate much faster than in her J.

I do have wider, stickier tires than stock on my Golf.

gr8scott72

driverdriver wrote:An unmodified 2000 Golf with the 150bhp 1.8 inline 4 turbo may get a head start on a J and pick up a couple of car lengths at the outset, but the J will catch up to it and pass it. I know, I've smoked many wannabee VW street racers in the past.

VW GTI's with the VR6 running a chip, that's a different story.
I found a chip for $350 for my Golf and a $150 downpipe and I can run a 14.0 1/4 mile. I don't know what you are going to do to the J for that little money to get it anywhere close to that fast.

My last car was a 1995 VW GTI VR6 with no cat to magnaflow cat-back, intake, schrick intake manifold, GIAC chip, and several other things and it was still slower than my 1.8t with just those 2 mods mentioned above.

driverdriver

Crap that's pretty fast on a light car.

My wife had a 2000 Golf GLS automatic. It had a litany of problems, one of which included a transmission that would regularly slip amongst other issues (we replaced 02 sensors on it every year) . The VW service advisor said it was 'normal' at every dealer we went too. Suffice to say we got rid of it.

However when everything operated as it should(once in a blue moon), it wasn't a bad driving car. It did have some detectable understeer though, but I suppose that normal for most fwd vehicles.

I use to own and Audi Quattro before the J. I actually traded in my Audi on the J30t. My first year and half of ownership, that car spent half its existence at the Audi dealer. The Quattro gave it a nice off the line boost and it alos was a fund driving car when it actually worked like advertised.

kccake
Car: i994 infiniti j30

who sells a bushing kit for the j???? enery,hyper????? thanks

driverdriver

I'm pretty certain no one makes aftermarket bushings for the J30. Steering, gear, jacket, strut and stabilizer bushings are all OEM Nissan available through a Nissan/Infiniti dealer.

Big Tone
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

My wife has an Audi A6 Quattro 2.7T. As much as I love my J, there's no way it would outdrive that car. NO WAY.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”