What are people paying?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jlsatt00

Hello all!

Earlier today, I was negotiating with my dealer for a Venom Red AWD SL Rogue, premium package, cloth interior (MSRP 25,000). I went ahead and put down a deposit as the car is not on the lot yet. I got it for 23,900 and they gave me a little extra on my trade in ($150 over Kelly's Blue Book). They also gave me the option to bail on the trade in if I can sell it private party before my new Rogue comes in.

I am curious what people are paying for the Rogue. I know a lot of dealers are adding LDA (I think it stands for Limited Dealer Availablity) around $1500 over MSRP.

I would really appreciate if those of you who have purchased could share this info!

Thanks.

chumley

Hey,

My wife and I bought a Gotham Gray AWD SL Rogue with premium package and a few other options (MSRP $25,000, invoice $23,184) for $23,750. We have not had our potential trade in car appraised though, so I don't know that we'll get over blue book for it. The dealership we went to also had an $1895 "market value" markup on their Rogues, though they're bringing this one in from MI which only had a $1495 markup on it. Hope that helps someone.

5starAffiliatePrograms
Car: Rogue

Glad I read this thread. Call me dense, call me easy...But I had not even tried very hard to negotiate becausethey are so new and flying off the lots, I didn't think anyone would deal.

I had also heard some dealers were jacking the price.

In my Rogue shopping (still trying to find my Iridium Graphite)one thing I've learned - which some of you probably already know...

From now on I'm only calling and talking to the Internet/Fleet managers.They seem to be more straight-shooters and will give better deals if they can.Every time I get a regular lot sales guy I get sales games and lies. See my thread: "Help Me Find My Rogue"

Good luck to all finding your perfect Rogue at a great price.We wanna see pics!

Linda

moxie

Yesterday I drove my Iridium Graphite Rogue with Premium AWD package, Grey leather, Moonroof, floor mats (including cargo mat), and rear bumper protector (total MSRP $27,655, including the $745 destination charge) off the lot for $25,648 plus tax. The $25,648 included the dealer handling charge ($550 for my dealer) - an amount that dealers always add to the "final" price - and $199 for theft guard, whatever that is.

I used the Costco price as my starting point ($500 above Invoice, including destination charge; no dealer handling charge), and asked my dealer to do better.

Hope this helps.

travelman64

Great Price !

In S. FLA. the dealers are only offering a few hundred off MSRP.

The Costco Auto Program dealer has the vehicle as exempt as of now.

I will wait, The price will drop when inventory is better in a few months.

If anyone gets a good deal in S. FLA let me know.

OrionPax
Car: '04 Altima

I don't have the exact numbers infront of me, but when I drove my Wicked Black Rogue off the lot the price was in the 23k range for a Rogue that has an MSRP of 25850. It was an AWD SL with the premium pkg and the moonroof and splashguards.

I also will add that if you can deal with the fleet or internet you'll probably get a better sales person. Not always sure about the straight shooter though. They are sales people, "you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy".

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

Is it true that dealers are already selling these for less than MSRP? I've talked to three dealers so far, and all of them claim that they're not moving anywhere on the price. I guess they're trained to make the cars seem more rare than they actually are.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

exeunt wrote:Is it true that dealers are already selling these for less than MSRP? I've talked to three dealers so far, and all of them claim that they're not moving anywhere on the price. I guess they're trained to make the cars seem more rare than they actually are.
Not my best move but I paid a little over MSRP for mine. But I got a fair price for my trade, $2500 higher than the first dealer offered and closer to the highest trade in value in any book. It may depend on what region your in and how well the Rogue sales...supply and demand. We are enjoying the Rogue tremendously.

jlsatt00

The only way I was able to talk my dealer down is by creating competition. My husband called three other dealers within 100 miles, told them what he was doing and got quotes (all of which were under MSRP). We then took them to our local dealer who said they would not go below MSRP and asked if they wanted to compete. They did, which is great for me from a logistics point of view since they are less than a mile away.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

I created a little competition between the 4 dealerships here and did some pricing research on edmunds. I'm pretty sure I'm paying 100 over invoice, which will be 25497. They're paying my current car off (BB 3k, theyre paying off 2300. i don't care if i make profit. i just want it paid off).

It's an Iridium Graphite SL AWD with sunroof, leather, tow package, splash guards.. I'll give an update when I actually gets here in 3weeks2days (yes i'm counting!)

DevoBass

Is your prices with the dealership markup?

Where I am, they have their dealership markup at around $2,300, bringing the total to around $28k (AWD, Premium, Cloth). And the Salesman said they aren't bring the price down. I feel like this is way to much.

I'm not going to buy mine untill Decemeber and I'm hoping I can talk them down.

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

Click that Find A New Dealer button and cast your net a bit wider. When I asked for price quotes around the Sacramento area, I had six replies and only one dealer was delusional enough to include a dealer markup.

Once you've done a test drive or two and know what build(s) you want, I recommend dealing with the Internet reps by email, and avoiding the lot salesmen and telephone as much as possible.

By December, I think you should be able to get a price midway between dealer invoice and MSRP, and possibly even better ...

jlsatt00

Creating competition really worked for me. I will be getting my new Rogue next week. The MSRP was 25,000 and we got it for 23, 900. They offered some money over the trade in appraisal too, but I ended up selling private party. I figured 1100 off MSRP isn't bad for what I hear they are selling for in different area.

Harveyeyes
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wicked Black/Grey Leather

jlsatt00 -

I know you said you were getting yours through GLENN... did you also talk to Nissan on Nicholasville? I have talked with both, but left a deposit with Hector at GLENN, and told Meade at NoN to call me when they got what I wanted. I havent really talked to either about pricing, was waiting until both had some on the lot to see who would go lower. I'm getting kinda annoyed now though - GLENN still doenst have anything and they are supposed to be the big dealer in the region, and NoN has one red one with none of the fun options. I'm ready to buy this stinkin thing!!!

What all does yours include for that price?

jlsatt00

Harvey-

I have been working with Byron at Glenn! They are actually doing a dealer trade for me through a dealership in Owensboro. I am getting a Venon Red, SL AWD with gray cloth interior with premium package, bumper guard and splash guards. I got a call from Byron yesterday saying the Owensboro dealer received it last night and it will be coming in on a truck to Glenn late this afternoon, so I can pick it up tomorrow!!

I really encourage you to work with the manager as well. Like I have said in other posts, I got 1100 off MSRP. I think they were more willing to give me a lower price because they didn't actually have the car on the lot and I told them where to find the one I wanted!!!

I know the dealer they got mine from has a 2WD SL Venom Red with Black Cloth (Don Moore in Owensboro) and right now. and as of Monday, Nicholasville on Nissan has the same a similar 2WD Red Venom with black cloth....Otherwise, that seems to be the only red ones in the area!

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

DevoBass wrote:Is your prices with the dealership markup?

Where I am, they have their dealership markup at around $2,300, bringing the total to around $28k (AWD, Premium, Cloth). And the Salesman said they aren't bring the price down. I feel like this is way to much.

I'm not going to buy mine untill Decemeber and I'm hoping I can talk them down.
Devo,

That is WAY too much. Come down to south bay to buy it. Deal with internet/ fleet managers and not floor salesmen.

abk

I went in today to make the final deal, so I'm just waiting for it to get sent to my local dealership. Here's what I got:SL AWD, AWD premium package, Wicked Black, grey cloth, floor mats, splash guards.

The MSRP for the vehicle is $25,050 and that was fine with me. The dealer salesman took off a "standard" $795 charge for all of their vehicles for some "Expect Miracles" package. We were happy to see that go. They gave me basically Kelly Blue Book value for my excellent trade-in (a 2005 Mazda RX-8) at $12,650. I also went ahead and calculated in the taxes, tags, and fees ($800) and I purchased an extended warranty -- 72 months, 75,000 miles for $953. He said that warranty usually goes for $1495. So when all was said and done, we agreed on the nice round figure of $14,000 to get it off the lot with the warranty and everything.

I'm very excited. I'd decided to go for the CR-V until I saw a commercial for the Rogue, and I'm so happy I hadn't already made a purchase. The Bluetooth, intelligent ignition, and added horsepower were especially big differences for me. I'd rather not have to pay for an AWD just to get Bluetooth, but it was that important to me!

amr40509

Congrads on the new car!

I don't get the price you posted though.

MSRP $25050Tax/Tags/Fees $800Trade in $-12650Warrenty $953Expect Miracles $-795Wouldn't that be a total off the lot of $13358 ??????

Looks like that would be a straight buy price (excluding tax and warrenty) of about $24,97 -- so it looks like you got them to take about $153 off of sticker by paying $14000 plus your trade. Where did your $795 off go?

My wife (who is jlsatt00) and I picked up her new Rogue yesterday. Same options except no floor mats, so take off $50.

We ended up selling her old car private party (got rid of it on the internet in less then the 7 day period it took for them to get her Rogue delivered to their lot) so that simplified things a bit.

We ended up at:

MSRP $25000Tax $1341Title/Lic/Dealer $299Discounted $-1,100So that was out the door at $25,540 or before tax it was $23,900

You did make out like a bandit on the taxes and fees compared to us! Here is Kentucky the tax is basically straight sales tax, the $299 fee is something the dealers all charge here. So really with only $800 in fees/taxes you save a nice $840 right there!

-----------------------2006 Pathfinder 4x4 (mine)2008 Rogue SL AWD (hers)

abk

Sorry, the 795 "Expect Miracles" crap had already been taken off to get the price of $25,050. Also, taxes are only on the $12,400 (the price taking off my trade-in value), so that's also a plus. I don't really know what the actual taxes, tags, and fees number should have been, but I just rolled with the $800. I am not getting a new tag either, just transferring, which he said was only $70. Who knows -- I could have gotten ripped off or I could have saved -- not sure! But that's how it goes.

Ticmxman

abk wrote:Sorry, the 795 "Expect Miracles" crap had already been taken off to get the price of $25,050. Also, taxes are only on the $12,400 (the price taking off my trade-in value), so that's also a plus. I don't really know what the actual taxes, tags, and fees number should have been, but I just rolled with the $800. I am not getting a new tag either, just transferring, which he said was only $70. Who knows -- I could have gotten ripped off or I could have saved -- not sure! But that's how it goes.
Hey enjoy the new Rogue and don't worry about the deal it's done and we are not talking about many $$s. Congrats!

amr40509

abk -- Just wanted to be clear, I wasn't trying to say you got ripped off at all. At the end of the day you got the car (and a currently rare one) you wanted at a price that works for you -- that's the important part.

Go take a drive and enjoy the new ride! I think my wife and I are going to go put in a few "break in" miles today!

mquebe

Good price. I just got a quote from a dealer in Houston, Tx for $27,540 plus ttl. I asked for AWD,premium package,leather and the moonroof.I think is kind of high. What do you think?

jasonMz3

that price is practically sticker depending on if it has the splashguards and floormats or not.

mquebe

Oh he did say with splash guards. I am not paying sticker price. At this point in time if I wanted I would go up to $28,000 including TT&L but that is as high as I would go.

linneal27
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I purchased my Rogue Saturday. I got the SL AWD in Gotham GreyIt included the premium package, moonroof, leather, splash gaurds, and rear bumper protector.

MSRP: 27,600Invoice: 25,439

I requested online quotes from the link that pops up on Edmunds. I got a reply the next day for invoice. I was pleasantly surprised. I had a price for invoice before I stepped into the dealership. The dealer was Luther Nissan Kia in St. Paul, MN. This is the second time I have purchased a car from getting an online quote and it has been a great experience.

I am looking forward to sharing information on the Rogue with everyone. My first impressions with the car are great, love the bluetooth, the sound system is awesome. It was between the CRV and the Rogue and ultimately I thought the Rogue was a little bit nicer. I will post mileage after my first fill up.

mquebe

Lucky you. I got an online quote for drive out of $29,550 for the same options you have. Gee whiz.I found another one but it doesn't have the leather package. It has the rest for $26,140.

Ticmxman

Welcome and congrats
linneal27 wrote:I purchased my Rogue Saturday. I got the SL AWD in Gotham GreyIt included the premium package, moonroof, leather, splash gaurds, and rear bumper protector.

MSRP: 27,600Invoice: 25,439

I requested online quotes from the link that pops up on Edmunds. I got a reply the next day for invoice. I was pleasantly surprised. I had a price for invoice before I stepped into the dealership. The dealer was Luther Nissan Kia in St. Paul, MN. This is the second time I have purchased a car from getting an online quote and it has been a great experience.

I am looking forward to sharing information on the Rogue with everyone. My first impressions with the car are great, love the bluetooth, the sound system is awesome. It was between the CRV and the Rogue and ultimately I thought the Rogue was a little bit nicer. I will post mileage after my first fill up.

Welcome and congrats on the new Rogue... let us know what you think of your new ride. Man at that price I would have flown up to St Paul, bought one and drove it back home, good job!

5starAffiliatePrograms
Car: Rogue

I just got a quote for 1,000 off MRSP on close to the car I want.

It's an Iridium AWD Premium w/ Moonroof & Splash Guards - Black/red seats.MSRP 25710. My price 24710.

So here's the deal... I have not seen the black/red seats except for picsbut I really don't like the red, so I've been trying to find one with black seats. There was one an hour away and I missed it because someone bought it before I could get up there.

Plus I would never order one with a moonroof, but at that price I guess it's not a big deal if it's included.

Has anyone seen the black/red seats? Do you like them or not?

Looks like my only options are to special order and wait til Dec to get it the way I want it OR to settle for the red which I think I could live with, I'd just rather have black.

vox
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I have VPP pricing and hopefully will be ordering soon. Is this a good price before incentives start coming out?

SL AWD with premium, leather, moonroof and some other items. MSRP 28k. VPP price before tax/ttl is 25.6k including destination.

ooutphazed
Car: Nissan Rogue AWD SL, Iridium Graphite

Bought mine last week, paid 29k with Nissan gold warranty, Full AWD Leather Package, Arctic Package (because, you know, I live in the freaking arctic), a set of extra studded tires, fully loaded with everything but sun roof (again... no sun for 6 months, no point in my opinion) and the maintenance plus package. Of course most cars up here (in ak) have a bit of a mark up due to shipping reasons... without the warranty package it would of been just a bit over 27k, but this is a Harsh Environment for any vehicle and I felt the extra warranty was worth it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”