what about steering linkage?

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
rtsol

what needs to be done to it if a RB26DETT is installed? or is it alot easier to convert to single turbo? also, what needs to be done to make the speedometer work correctly? tach? one more thing, what is everyone using for mounts? custom fabs? A31 crossmember? R31? R32? R32? GTR or not? i need this info because i have come to the realization that i can actually can afford this swap if i do the work myself.

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

well i have a feeling the problems are going to be with the stock twin s the rear turbo is probably going to run right smack dab into the steering shaft and rack and all that good stuff. so your best bet will probably be to run dual top mounted turbos, something lik e2835s or whatever.

for the crossmember you're probably going to want tto use either an R33 GTS-T crossmember and mounts . This way you KNOW it will bolt in and fit fine. Hood closing isn't a problem because the rb intake goes the right way instead of the rb25 route. The cefiro xmember will probably work also but i'm not sure how much work will be required to make the bolts line up and what not.

To get the tach working you simply have to get the right tach for the car i believe, R33 tach will work in the s13/s14 cluster so that will be the easiest way to work it.

just remember you have alot of money and time ahead of you.

Daunttless

The Cefiro crossmember is the better choice, the engine sits higher if you use the Skyline crossmember.

mattback

dauntless. the engine sitting higher is almost mandatory to let you clear the steering.

Daunttless

The steering clears with the A31 and at the same time it clears the hood. It's not a huge amount of change, but its enough to better situate the engine. Additionally, you were talking about using a top mount manifold, its not too hard to clear the steering with a top mount manifold so long as you adjust the wastegate flange or make a custom for yourself. If you reroute the steering its also a better option because you don't hit the steering and the engine is balanced better. Additionally the Cefiro sway bar is the same as the S13 sway bar so things line up nicely.

mattback

hey daunt, what do you mean by re routing the steering. going right hand drive ???

lemme know, i can work the vg30 better that way lso.

Daunttless

nope, rerouting the actual column and everything "build it yourself hot rod" style. : ) I'm keeping left hand drive and bottom mounted turbos. If I can use the stockers, I can use anything made for the RB, or at least thats my theory. : )

rtsol

ok so ....A31 crossmember+rb26+custom steering shaft=easiest way to run twins? if the A31 is used what other suspension parts are needed or will EVERYTHING bolt up from the S13? how about speedo? dauntless, when you fab your steering, can you make make one while your at it? and can yo ugive me a quote on this particular parts list?rb26 motorrb25 trannyA31 crossmembercustom steeringalong with whatever else you think ill need

im also thinkin of running a standalone EMS. if i do ill go with SDS because of price and im too much of a tuning wiz. what would be better? SDS or OEM ecu?

Daunttless

The easiest way to run twins is to use top mounted manifolds.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”