What 1/4 time are u guys gettn with ur ka's?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
91nis240

14.97@96mph and 15.08@93mph

91' 240sx w/ apex'i n1 turbo muffler (custom piping) and custom cold air intake. I ran on grippy Falken rubbers wrapped around 17x17.5 HP Racing typhoons. Only preppng to the car i did was take out my seat and spare tire, jack etc.. Much better times than i expected.

I raced against my friends 95' eclipse GS-T (stock), he pulled 15.4's on both runs

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Quote »14.97@96mph and 15.08@93mph[/quote] Quote »91' 240sx w/ apex'i n1 turbo muffler (custom piping) and custom cold air intake. I ran on grippy Falken rubbers wrapped around 17x17.5 HP Racing typhoons. Only preppng to the car i did was take out my seat and spare tire, jack etc.. Much better times than i expected.[/quote]

Hah, Ill do it for you all....

:bsflag

Jeff240sx
Car: Car! Chicks!

In my one pass at the strip, I ran a 14.8@94mph. This is a '96 automatic tranny, with a full system (3 10" subs) and full interior. Also, t3/4e turbo at 4.35psi. -Jeff

91nis240

are you kidding me, my post is not BS at all. i dont know why so many 240 owners underestimate their cars and so scared of the word VTEC. You think if theres no sr20, than theres no GO. Ive beat preludes, gsr, si's, and even a type-s TL (automatic). My friend has a 2000 integra LS with i/e/h, crower cams and trutime cam gears, i beat him by almost a car length everytime. You guys jus need to stop underestimating 240.

95_240sx

Yeah I beat Honduh's all the time too. NO biggie. Go race a 2000 Acura 3.2 TL Type S with the slap shifter, those are hard races. Or a Eclipes GST at 15lbs of boost. Just because the car has the power doesnt mean the driver knows how to drive it.

Rick

Good240
Car: Cars, Music, Movies

That may be a little quick for intake+exhaust but the traction doesn't need to be any greater and I'm sure it helped. It is a 91' 240SX and was the quickest year. You out ran mine with intake+exhaust+cams so eigther you pulled some weight or you just kicked ***. You should run close to the Mustang 5.0 that beat me with Intake+Exhaust+headers+(I think but not sure about the numbers)4.10 Positrac rear-end. You're trap speed sounds a little fast for your ET. This Mustang hit 96MPH and did a 15.75 On his best of around 25 runs now.

That has got to piss of your friend if his 20K sports car is getting out run by a 4K 11 year old sports car with much less done to it. I've beaten all the stuff you list except the TL... The ones I've seen are driven by people 3 times my age.

Good240
Car: Cars, Music, Movies

I have to admit VTEC seems quite overrated over here. They don't run near what I've heard they are capable on a track that I and lots of friends have posted good times on. Maybe VTEC runs better elsewhere... who knows.

Nismo241

Good240 wrote:I have to admit VTEC seems quite overrated over here. They don't run near what I've heard they are capable on a track that I and lots of friends have posted good times on. Maybe VTEC runs better elsewhere... who knows.

You're in oregon and you think vtec is overrated here? Thats kinda funny bvecause I know of at least 6 all motor integras and civics running low mid 12's N/A and an all motor race car from Ground Zero motorsports running 11.4@117mph. We just dyno'd a turbo B18C5 in a 97 hatch back that put down 506 fwhp@ 24lbs boost, I really don't think that oregon is the place to say Vtec is overrated.

Anyways, in my 90 fastback, with full interior with Place racing cold air intake and 2 1/4 custom exhaust I ran a 15.5@90mph with a 2.3 60'

jrc90240sx

Well all your times look really nice. i dont even think i would be close to those numbers. My friend has a 99 v6 mustang and i cant keep up with him (when my car didnt have problems). i think the problem that people are not seeing is that elivation changes alot. i probable couldnt run below a 17, all because i live in utah, at 4500 ft. so people should post there elivation with there times

95_240sx

I can verify that Branden....

I watched the Ground Zero car run at Woodburn at the NHRA Sport Compact Series, that thing is absolutely beautiful to listen to, and I think that the guys that work there actually know what the hell they are doing. Have you ever seen that white FasTrak HB run before? It sounds absolutely beautiful but I dont remember what it ran.

Rick

Nismo241

The guys at Ground Zero know what they are doing. They have a daily driven hatch putting down 506 fwhp with a B18C5. And thats not all it's capable of either. FastTraks race car is pretty weak comparing with GZ. They ran a 12.6 all motor, they raced a friend of mine with a daily driven hatch that ran faster all motor. You should've heard that Race car on the dyno at my friends shop. We had to close the doors because it gets too loud outside and the business across the way gets mad.

BinaryVertigo

finally some respect for the "honduhs"

so why do you guys "diss" on the hondas and then turn around and respect them?

cars are cars and we all love our babies so just because a 240 just burned a kitted out civic he shouldnt brag since the kitted out civic was probably never meant to be fast but just meant to look good....some people like making their cars look good and some like theirs to be fast....i dont mean to be rude but i just hate it when i read posts where some1 is dissing hondas in general for what they are

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”