Well i am now a proud 300zx owner

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Draz
Car: Cars, and Hockey

i am a proud owner of a fight 87z n/a. Ill send picks when i get it all nice. The previous owner put stickers on the side behind the drive and passenger doors, than another on the back below the liscense plate. she supposidly put them on when the car was new, so the stickers were on there for 16 years, they were baked on pretty good. I got the stickers off after 2 days of working and trying different things, i tryed tar and goo remover, and Goo Gone, what it came down to which i wish it didnt, is i had to wipe the section by section of the stickers with ACETON!!! and than sheer it off very carefully with a razor blade.

The stickers messed the paint up a bit underneath, so i had to get a touch up kit. i probably wont touch it up till the weather gets better, it to humid here in NJ and it would take forever for it to dry, plus the hurricane that is headed our way. my babys in the garage lol.

There are some other things i need to do too. At the joints of the hatchback the peice of plastic that has the break light on it is messed up. It looks like there was ice or snow in there and someone opened it and it popped out, i couldnt get it back in and i didnt want to force it. If anyone had that problem and could help me out with that, would be great.

O yea one more thing, i have a Fog Light that is out and a blinker that is out, but hopefully that is the least of my problems atm. If anyone knows a site or a major retail store that sells them cheap that would be great.

I cant wait to drive the the Z again, i have to run to the DMV and pick my plates up.

And out of curiosity, are there any meets that are gonna be in the northeast area???

Jay

Draz

hey i was just curious, how do i re wire my lights so they turn on while they are in the sleeper position

Jay

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Draz!

Welcome to our little club!!

:jazz:

Fred..:)

PS: I'll defer the wire question to better men than me;)

Draz

Hey i was thinking about modding up the car a bit too. i was looking at zcarparts, and they have a camshaft thats affordable and a cold air intake that isnt that expensive, any idea on what gain ill get from them.

http://www.zcarparts.com/store...PEM01

and

http://www.zcarparts.com/store...FFC13

Ill get pick in soon

Jay

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Draz, how much did you pay for the Z?

I have been thinking about getting next spring to join my G35 coupe. I think that will be a nice little combo to have in the garage.

I really haven't started pricing yet, and was just curious as to what you paid and if you had looked around before you bought this one.

Congrats on the purchase by the way.

Ryan

Draz

I got a pretty good deal. I am 17 and had to pay for the car my self. so i had to find a car i could save some cash with and have some fun working on it, but nothing to tough.

I went looking around a bit, i saw a 88 turbo for 2800 with 75k, but the guy had a deposite. So i looked around some more, and i found a nice 87 n/a for 2900, i talked the guy down to 2400, the guy was selling it for a girl he knew. She is suppositly smart and ****. so i took that into consideration that she probably drove well. The guy said it was serviced on time everytime it had to be. So i went to go check it out, it ran smooth and sounded tune.

I bought it for the 2400. there are a few imperfections with it but nothing serious. It has 94k miles on it, which really isnt bad for a 87 nor a nissan engine. it has a straight chasis, 4 wheels, a motor, and a tranny in good condition lol, what more can ya ask for. right now im looking at a Performance chip, intake, exhast and a nice camshaft.

Draz

just curious, where do you live

rydwhite

Draz wrote:just curious, where do you live

Sounds like you got a good deal. I could probably foot that in a couple months. Not now though. I just moved into my new house this past weekend and have some things to take care of there first before I get another car.

Oh yea, I live on the southside of Indianapolis.

Ryan

Draz

cool. goodluck if ya need any help i can help, my email is [email protected], thats also my screename, so if ya need me just send me a tell. and damn indianapolis is far, im in jersey

rydwhite

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the Z. I've heard good things about'em. Except for the maintenance aspects.

Where abouts in Jersey?I have a friend who just moved out to Bergan (Sp?) County a couple of weeks ago.

Draz

yes yes, i live in bergen county

Draz

what town does he live in

rydwhite

Ramsey. He works in NYC.

Draz

holy **** lol, Ramset isnt that far for me as a matter of fact. It maybe 15 minutes at most i live right at the border of NY and NJ. I live in Old Tappan, right next to westwood basically.

Jay

rydwhite

That's cool. Small world. It is a really nice area I hear.

He got a job at a law firm in NYC and decided that he didn't want to raise his family in the city, so they decided on Ramsey.

Und3rprshUr
Car: My 300Z

Draz- i can assist you with anything needed on your Z any questions let me know

as far as cams go not worthy in a non-turbo Z go with the headers and other stuff i can compile a list of mods that assist a non-tubro in going fast and handling if you'd like- let me know if your interest in the Headlights down mod still as its simple and takes 1 min to do.

let me know :)

Draz

thanks man, i really appreciate

i would like to know how to set up the headlights... that would be cool. i wont be able to do it right away tho... my dadis takeing my car to nissan to be serviced because he blew a fuse, but he just wants to get the minor little repairs done all at once, so we decided to just take the car in and spend a little money and get everything fix... than i can start working on it.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”