Welded Differentials

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
footin616
Car: 1990 240SX Black top FMIC full 3"

There is nothing rice about welding your differential.1) It is more "old school hot rod" than rice2) Grab your welder and make sure that set of spider gears is one solid piece of steel, then clean it good about 5 times. Those little pieces of slag will tear up that diff housing.3) My welded diff whines like crazy, very loud. But, I do not have any interior or sound deadening in my car.

I did it knowing that eventually it will get tore up and I will have to get a LSD like I had on my old 240.

Knowing that I welded it, and am looking for a LSD unit that I want. At that point I spend a little time and swap it.

BTW I only drive my 240 for drift/fun, so I can't tell you about welded daily driving.

LOVERboy
Car: 1997 240sx se KAT

if i weld my diff. now then later on if i got money to buy the real lsd can i just swap the weld diff with the real lsd or i have 2 change the other parts to since i weld it already???

240sxs13sleeper
Car: space shuttle

to LOVERboy ^^^^ u can take out your welded diff by disassembling everything off... then from there you can put in your lsd,.... :D have fun

johnksoy
Car: 90 240sx

anyone did road racing/ track with welded diff? I'm thinking of getting a welded to drift every now and then but im mainly for hpde.

BuLLeTdrift
Car: 91 240sx fast baq

ive had my welded diff for 2 years now. drifted the hell out of my car with a KA till it blew up, now i'm drifting with an SR even harder. Still got the same welded diff. I even let a friend borrow it till i got my car running again lol.

.humblexone.
Car: hopefully a 91' 240sx coupe.

im close to purchasing a 240 with a welded diff, the only thing is iam a first time driver and still learning.was wondering if their is anyway to unwelding it?or would i have to just buy a new diff all together?any help would be appriciated.

scruffy63
Car: my nissan 240sx

I put in a welded diff over 6 years ago and I'm still running on it never once had an issue. Some of you think it's a ticking time bomb. I say if welded properly and driven in a smart way you'll be fine.

Proof.zerothread?id=196264

nieko
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

I love my welded diff.....

had it for about 2 years.

been to 30 + drift events.

and daily drive it.

dont be a dumbass and it wont be a dumbass

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”