welded differential..

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
TerminalVelocity
Car: 1996 240sx

^what he said.Drifting is so much more predictable than with a vlsd.

916drifter
Car: 1990 240sx Fastback

Seriously, if you do this as a weekend thing, or occasionally, or trying to penny pinch, which most of us do, just get it welded. There is little difference between welded and clutch. I street drove a welded, its fine, tires chirp but that's the sacrifice. I dd my 2way, yes i paid out the a55 for it, but I had the money at the time and I did not know anyone who welded at the time.

Now if you want to do this professionally, get a 2 way or 1.5 way.

on a side not, i have yet to see a blown welded diff. 2 of my friends have been drifting on them for 2+ years and like one diff fluid change. lol. They're still killing it.

evolve S13
Car: s13

Welded diff FTW, Neukin.com , not a big deal just do it who cares

rudeboy
Car: cars

i've had the same welded in 5 240's in 8 years. almost all of em are/were RB powered and daily drifted.vlsd is poo unless you drive on the street and never track it.tire wear?, not really unless you live in a citychirpy? depending on the tiresjust do it

NismoZRS
Car: 92 S13 Coupe

rudeboy wrote:i've had the same welded in 5 240's in 8 years. almost all of em are/were RB powered and daily drifted.vlsd is poo unless you drive on the street and never track it.tire wear?, not really unless you live in a citychirpy? depending on the tiresjust do it
*Agrees completely*... if you read up i posted a few months ago when i first got my 240 that i was gonna buy another diff and swap it out for events.. i was just being a little girl... just weld yours and keep that s*** in there.. its not bad unless your a whiner because parking is "hard" or the rain.. driving welded in the rain on the streets improves how you are on the track...

Just weld it and keep it.. MAN UP!!!

916drifter
Car: 1990 240sx Fastback

NismoZRS wrote:
driving welded in the rain on the streets improves how you are on the track...

Just weld it and keep it.. MAN UP!!!
Everything you said was a agreeable until you said that. If you think thats true i would be scared of your driving on and off the track.

3CL1P5
Car: '96 S14 Zenki

spec-u-later wrote:Welded diff works fine. No noise except tire chirp on tight corners. It's free what do you expect?
tire chirp happens on legit diffs as well lol

My buddies Tomei way chirps like a mad man

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”