Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
RollerEx35
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 graphite ext & int

Hello everyone,

I am new here but purchased my EX35 back in August. I am new to the Infiniti family and I am very happy with my decision.

exfanNY76
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX Journey with Premium/Luxe Packages

Hi everyone,

We just picked up our Dark Currant/Wheat/AWD/Premium/Luxe/Wood Package Infiniti EX35 on New Years Eve. So far we could not be happier with the drivability. What a fun car to drive!!

Look forward to learning more about this car on this forum.

Thanks

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome aboard RollerEx35!!

Cheers,David

louis1800
Car: EX35

Hello All,

1st time Infiniti owner; our EX is blue slate/choral leather/premium/roof rails/all weather mats. This is my wife’s everyday car and she was sticking with Volvo XC60; I was a great salesman to convince her for the Infiniti. Glad to join the club and looking forward to hear/learn all the positives and negatives about this crossover!

Thanks.

dividedhighw

Welcome to the Internet's premier EX forum, louis1800!!

What exactly is "choral leather"?? Or did you mean coral - unless your car sings!

Seriously though, I didn't know that colour was an option.

Cheers,David

louis1800

Sorry for the typos; what I try to type is Charcoal leather (graphite)...

Paultra
Car: Infiniti EX35

Hi,

My name is Paul and I purchased my first Infiniti last week. 2008 EX35 with Journey, Nav, Premium and Tech package. So far the vehicle is awesome. Tech package is great, ride fit and function is excellent. I am looking forward to testing performance after break in period.

Current Cars:2007 Ford Edge (great family vehicle)2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder (currently under cover for the cold Canadian winter.

Regards,Paul

dividedhighw

A big Canadian Welcome to NICO, Paultra!!

I almost bought an Edge myself, but decided it was more bulky than I needed and more thirsty than I wanted.

Cheers,David

FLYGUY
Car: 2008 EX Black

Hello from Calgary Alberta. I just bought my new 08 EX35 last week, picking it up at the end of the month. They have to bring it in from down east as there were no 08's left with the options that I wanted.

I bought an 08 because of the incentives and some of the features in the premium package in 08 are only available in the nav package in 09.

I have been going through this forum and find it very informative. This is my first Infinity, so lots of learning.

Here is my first question. I have been reading about some of the TSBs - should I ask the dealer to take care of these before I pick up the car?

dividedhighw

A big Canadian Welcome to you too, FLYGUY!!

As far as asking the dealer to "take care of" the TSBs, you can ask, but I expect they'll just say "they've all been done" - yes without checking. Call me cynical, but try it and let us all know how it goes!

FWIW, I find the Nav package excellent. Yes, definitely pricey, but it's accurate, always seems to be in the appropriate zoom or display mode, and though not perfect, is hardly ever wrong - unlike the Nokia 500 we have in my wife's Subaru that told us to turn left where there's been no left turn allowed ANYTIME for the last 15 years!!

wolf1
Car: H.D. Electra Glide, Chrysler Voyager, 2008 EX 35 -black/chestnut loaded

I don't own an EX yet, but I will. After researching every all-wheel-drive crossover and car this winter, I finally decided on the EX and am working on getting the best deal I can. Hoping the winter driving in wisconsin will be better in the EX than my previous car!! I don't understand why they didn't sell very well.

atlex35
Car: 2006 Red/Black G35 Coupe and 2009 Black/Black FX35

I'll be picking up my Blk/Blk EX35 today. I got the Nav and Premium packages.

We already have a 2006 G35 coupe. I hope find so good info here.

Thanks,

John

dividedhighw

Welcome to NICO, wolf1 and atlex35!!

Cheers,David

NEX35
Car: '08 EX35

Hello from the great northwest. Just picked up our new '08 EX35 yesterday. It's Black with Stone int, AWD, Journey, Nav, Prem, Lux Style. We love the car. We test drove the G sedan, but didn't like the ride. The EX was more to our liking. This our first Infiniti. We hope to keep it for years to come.

dividedhighw

Thanks for checking in and Welcome to NICO, NEX35!!

Cheers,David

driveforfun
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 - Journey

Purchased a black EX35 w/Journey package three weeks ago and have been very pleased with the vehicle. I went to the Infiniti dealership with the full intent of buying a G37. Spent one night with the G37, and then the second night with the EX35. My wife absolutely fell in love with the EX. And while from a performance standpoint the G is the superior vehicle, the EX is very well rounded and offers a very good balance between performance, comfort, ride quality and luxury features. We are empty nesters, so the small back seat is not a problem, but can see where that has created some problems in marketing the vehicle. We like the versatility of the vehicle and find that there is a good amount of cargo space when lowering the back seats. I'm average about 23 mpg after 900 miles in mixed driving, which isn't bad for a 297 HP vehicle in this class.

In short, the vehicle is a blast to drive, but has a more compliant ride than the G. The luxury/nav features are superb, the audio system outstanding and the vehicle has good versatility. Looking forward to several years with the car and am interested to see what Infiniti has in store in 2010 to tweak the EX for the marketplace. The current edition works for us!zeropost?cmd=reply&id=3737041#

gap
Car: 2013 JX35

Hello from Ottawa, Ontario. Just picked up my new 08 EX35 Premium Black with Stone interior. Had to haul back from Toronto as Ottawa sold out of the 2008's.

So far totally enjoying it. Hoping the local TG Infiniti dealership will wecome servicing my vehicle with all the benefits of customers who purchase through them.

We will see....5765 km till first oil change.

dividedhighw

Welcome to NICO, gap - from a fellow Ottawan!!

I'm sure TG will do a good job for you. I bought mine from 417 and because it's more conveniently located for me; I also have it serviced there.

Cheers,David

Mephisto75
Car: Volvo V40, Infiniti EX35

Hello everyone!Im really happy havin found this forum after a long search!

To introduce my self: I life in good old germany in the far north of the country.Unfortunately Infiniti is unknown in Europe at leat in Germany. Later this year Infiniti has planed to start sales also in Germany and introduce the EX37 among others but to a ridiculously high price. Thats the reason why Im planning to buy one (EX35) in the us and ship it to Germany. However life wouldnt be that interesting if there will not be obstacles to overcome. One of 'em is the german TUV (Technical Inspection Authority). As some of you might know in Europe cars are not allowed to have red direction indicator and must have leveling headlights etc etc...

According to this I have simple question: If you turn on the direction lights how do they appear? I mean the rear lamps, are there dedicated bulbs that flush or does the cluster of leds flush?

Hope to get some more infos about the things that needs to be changed to get a permission.

thanks so farMichael

dividedhighw

Welcome to NICO, Mephisto75!!
Mephisto75 wrote:If you turn on the direction lights how do they appear? I mean the rear lamps, are there dedicated bulbs that flush or does the cluster of leds flush?
The turn signals operate amber bulbs both front and back. The rear turn signals are NOT in the LED cluster, but rather, integrated into the bumper.

HTH,David

Mephisto75
Car: Volvo V40, Infiniti EX35

Thanks David,

this sounds great to me. It means that i don't need to change anything.

Well.... I guess the next step is to get a good deal on an EX. (This might be a little bit off topic but...)Are there any suggestions? What would be a good deal beside the MSRP?I've read about some deals 10k under MSRP is this realistic?I tend to get fully loaded one. my prob is that you can't get any quotes of a fully loaded EX specially on one with a color different than black and white.

cheers

dividedhighw

Mephisto75 wrote:Well.... I guess the next step is to get a good deal on an EX. (This might be a little bit off topic but...)Are there any suggestions? What would be a good deal beside the MSRP?I've read about some deals 10k under MSRP is this realistic?I tend to get fully loaded one. my prob is that you can't get any quotes of a fully loaded EX specially on one with a color different than black and white.
Hey Michael,

If you're still looking for an answer, you might check out this thread:zer...imate(has some discussion and recent numbers)

Cheers,David

Kinex
Car: Infiniti 2008 EX35

I just purchased the 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD with Premium pkg and Navi. It's silver with black leather interior. It's my first Infiniti, but I did have a Nissan Sentra SE-R before (quite the upgrade in driving experience).

I bought the car because I needed a bit more room for a infant seat, but I hate big cars. This was the perfect compromise. It is a bit tight in the passenger seat for anyone over 5'4" when I have the infant seat in, but usually there's no one in the passenger seat so it's not a big deal for me. I love how it handles like a car and how smooth the ride is. It's definately the most stylish car in it's class.

dividedhighw

Welcome to NICO, Kinex and thanks for sharing the details of your purchase!!

Cheers,David

blushful

hello everyone,here from saudi arabia, just got my EX35 last weekend, it's really powerful..it gives u the feeling of a sport car but last night the security system annoyed me..when i dropped a friend home.. when he opened the door the alarm went on..i guess bcoz the door lock button should've been unlocked before he open the door and u can imagine how was that annoying to the ppl in the middle of the night i was so embarrassedso, does anyone knw if i can deactivate this kind of alarm??

dividedhighw

Welcome to NICO, blushful!!

(Sorry, don't know how to disable the alarm - perhaps you can post a new thread in the main forum.)

Cheers,David

cjre1
Car: Infiniti EX35 Journey

Hello Everyone,

This is the the happiest day of my life, well second, the first was when I got married.

I just purchased a EX35 fully loaded. I am picking it up this week. Whoo Hoo. I am so excited.

I a proud to be a part of this family.I own a Mazda 3S GT, Honda CR-V and Nissan Altima. Added to my family of cars is the new 2008 EX35 Journey fully loaded. I got a sweet deal on it too.

Christopher

cjre1

Everyone,

I have been on many forums through out my life and this forum is far the best, what I read and researched so far.

To introduce myself: I was born and raised in CA. I can't leave, I love the mountains, beach, weather and homes out here. I work in the Technology field and I am also a professor/instructor at a technology college in southern CA.

dividedhighw

A warm NICO Welcome to you, Christopher!!

(I teach programming & networking at the college/university level also!)

Cheers,David

cjre1

David,

Wow, that is so cool that you teach too. Teacher's rule!! BTW: my boss name is also David. You are nicer.

Quick question, Can you change the battery to an Optima battery in the EX35? Which color is better and what model number do I need? I can not find it on this forum. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Have a good day.

Christopher

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”