Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

If you are new to the forum, you may wish to post a brief intro message and meet the other members. This helps you, and the other members get to know those who frequent the area.

If you want to post pictures, start a thread, or if you have general "how to" questions, this link may help you.zerohelp

If you need other assistance, or have a question not covered in the above link, feel free to contact a mod or an admin. You can find the email addresses for mods or admins in their profile. Just clicking on their user name and you’ll see it. All of us are here to make Nico a second family for you, so feel free to contact us.

Nico is a large place, with many things that are both educational and enjoyable. You may enjoy reading several of the articles written by JHof in his skidmarks corner.http://www.nicoclub.com/articl...shtml

Here is a history of Nico for those who wonder how this all came about.http://www.nicoclub.com/subpages/nicohistory.shtml

You might enjoy reading any of several articles in the Nico Article page.http://www.nicoclub.com/articl...shtml

We hope you enjoy your stay at Nico.

Edited***a few banners have been added for the EX

zer...r.jpg

zer...2.jpg

sh0gun71
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey

Hello from Houston, TX! I just bought an 08' Infiniti EX35 Journey - Black with Graphite interior with Premium, Navigation, and Luxe Style Packages. I love the car! I traded in my 2005 Infiniti FX35 for this vehicle and absolutely love the drive and look of the smaller crossover.

glevitan
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD

Hello forum jsut baught my EX35 yesterday in Wesstchester NY.

Picking it up this weekend.....

Just wondering where the second sub is located.

Mitch 35
Car: EX 35, FX 50

Hello From Beirut Lebanon, Ive got myself an Ex35 and 2days ago i bought the all new FX 50! It'll be arriving next week! I like the Ex35 i like the power on that body but it aint a crossover, its more like a car very small!

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

Hi Guys! I just traded in my 2008 RAV4 V6 4WD SPORT for a new EX35

AWD Journey base. Does anyone know what is the 0 to 60 for the EX35 AWD

Journey? I`ved heard that the EX35 RWD does it at 6.2 sec 0 to 60.

My old Rav4 v6 does it in 6.3-6.4 sec 0-60 and 14.9 sec 1/4 miles. It seems like

after test driving the EX35 AWD Journey it is a bit slower than my previous

car when it accelerate from stop?

can anyone confirm this? My old RAV4 V6 is only 3,670 Ibs. compare to 3,970Ibs

for AWD journey base.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome, Mitch! Did you trade in your EX or are you keeping it and the FX both?

Just curious,David

dividedhighw

AWGD8 wrote:Does anyone know what is the 0 to 60 for the EX35 AWD Journey? I`ved heard that the EX35 RWD does it at 6.2 sec 0 to 60.

My old Rav4 v6 does it in 6.3-6.4 sec 0-60 and 14.9 sec 1/4 miles. It seems like after test driving the EX35 AWD Journey it is a bit slower than my previous car when it accelerate from stop?

can anyone confirm this? My old RAV4 V6 is only 3,670 Ibs. compare to 3,970Ibs
Welcome to NICO AWGD8!

The Apr 2008 issue of C&D tested the AWD Journey with ALL options (curb weight of 4032 lbs) and they managed a 6.2 sec 0 to 60 mph, with 1/4 mile in 14.6 sec @ 98 mph.

Note: 5 to 60 mph was 6.5 sec and C&D commented, "Acceleration runs are faster using manumatic mode, which is unusual."

HTH,David

23GTR

Hi everyone. Getting ready to pick up our new E35 today (replaces a G35 sedan) but nervous about the steering wheel motor problems. A couple of weeks ago I aborted finalizing a purchase when the only new e35 with the options I wanted at my dealership had that problem. I hope infiniti isolated it to a determined bunch of cars and the one I pick up today will not have it. I drive a 2009 Nissan GTR and a street-legal 350ZTT track car. My wife drives an 07 350Z Roadster. We are a Nissan/Infiniti family !

dividedhighw

Welcome to the EX forum, 23GTR!

So, just wondering, are you new to NICO too or did you create a new nick to participate in the EX forum (since you're a well-entrenched Nissan/Infiniti customer)?

Cheers,David

23GTR

dividedhighw wrote:Welcome to the EX forum, 23GTR!

So, just wondering, are you new to NICO too or did you create a new nick to participate in the EX forum (since you're a well-entrenched Nissan/Infiniti customer)?

Cheers,David
Thanks. No, did not know it existed until I started researching EX. BTW, just got home with new EX35. :Liq. Platinum/graphite; Premium, Navi, Lx style...etcenjoyed the ride home; the steering wheel motors seem to work...so far. Dealer GM advised no cure yet, just replacement with same part, usually not in stock (you would think they would stock it since so manny fail)

Mitch 35

Thx David,No i kept the Ex and got the Fx50, but im not driving the Ex so its gonna be my sister's possesion after a month (to get her license)! Btw the Fx 50 is so ** amazing!

dividedhighw

Mitch 35 wrote: Btw the Fx 50 is so ** amazing!
Hm ... is it because of the extra power?

(Once I had a 2008 FX35 for the day while my EX was in for service and I was somewhat underwhelmed.)

Cheers,David

TomCH
Car: 08 EX35, 08 Corvette C6 LS3 Coupe, Smart

Hi folks

I'm new here, my name is Tom and i'm from Switzerland. Sorray about my English This week on friday, i get my new EX35 it's my first Infiniti.

Actual i have the following rides:- BMW 130i hatch, trade for the EX (new daily)- Corvette C6 LS3 Coupe (just for fun)- Smart for two (for the city an my wife)

Mitch 35

Hey again,The extra power and the shifting and the handling is the difference between the Ex35 and the Fx50! Believe me the Fx50 has an indescribable feeling when speeding up! Though the Ex35 is not weak. The power of the ex35 is great, it just suits it, i think more power on the ex is not necessary its just perfect the way it is! The Fx 50 is a sport car while the Ex35 is a lux crossover.Regards,Mitch

njcu
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hello all. Just brought home my shiny new Blue Slate EX35 down here in San Antonio, TX. I traded my 06 350Z Grand Touring in for it since we need a comfortable car for our growing family. I am really surprised how quick it goes quick. =) Lots of cool gadgetry, loving all that tech.

dividedhighw

Welcome, njcu!!

Looks like you change cars as often as some people change socks!!!

Congrats on your "growing family" and welcome to the slippery slope!

Mockarena
Car: EX

Hi! I'm picking up my new EX on Thursday - first Infiniti - so psyched! Hoping to learn more about my car from all the "regulars" here.

I'm new, but I'm fun. So be nice to me.

dividedhighw

Welcome, Mockarena!

I think you'll find the "regulars" here are both friendly and knowledgeable!

Cheers,David

shentong
Car: Infiniti EX35

Hi there!

I'm new here and proud of being one of you!

Truly love my EX35 and have been reading A LOT about it, manual, review, forum (this is a great resource!!), even before I pick up the car. I finally got it TODAY. Not the best experience, but I'm still SO happy to have it!! Will need a lot help from you guys, though!

later!

dividedhighw

shentong wrote:I'm new here and proud of being one of you!
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your 1st-day woes, but glad to see your posts!!

It's great that you found NICO to be a useful resource because here, we're all about sharing information, resources and experiences!!

Cheers,David

Bsilk
Car: 97 Nissan maxima soon to be Infiniti EX 35

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say Hello. And hope eveybody is enjoying there EX.I wil be picking mine up tomorrow (Halloween). Love all posts keep them up.

dividedhighw

Congrats on your new EX and welcome to our group!

Glad to hear you've been finding our forum useful already!!

Cheers,David

lsursock
Car: Smart Roadster Coupe

Hello,

I am about to buy an EX35, but I can't make my mind up on the color!I am hesitating between Blue Slate and Platinum Graphite (Blue Onyx and Diamond Graphite respectively in Canada). Either choice will be with wheat or stone interior depending on availablity. Any suggestion is welcome, and pics of a Platinum Graphite would be very helpful as they are very scarce on the net, and tend to change under different lightning conditions.

Cheers,-lance

rshazam
Car: 2008 EX 35

Happy to have just taken delivery on a new obsidian black EX 35 journey with premium & style pkgs. First Infinity purchase for me-- although I have been responsible for 2 prior purchases by friends. With its wealth of electronics, what is the best procedure for avoiding battery drain when you go on vacation and leave the car at home? I gather the battery shouldn't be disconnected, so how long can the car reasonably be left unattended, without starting it? If it has to be started occasionally to preserve battery, how long does the motor have to be run before the next starting?Thanks in advance for answers to a question I never had to ask with my old (1991) Honda Accord!RMR

AZTEX35

Hi all,

Want to thank you for the great forum. Decided to go ahead and register and hopefully can share experiences with my EX. Purchased used in May, Black Obsidian with stone (I think it's stone) interior. Premium/Navigation/All Weather Mats, Tint and roof rails.

Info on this forum has really been great, helped me to identify the TSB's for fuel pump and steering column - took it in last week, dealer was up to speed, had parts in place and made it very easy. Definitely ranks up there with service levels of Audi and Mercedes. (Lexus was above par, but not to these levels - IMHO)

Anyone even contemplating the EX versus the G35 - no comparison, but I guess depends on your individual taste. G is much more of a sport sedan, feel greater torque, stiffer ride. Wife has M35 and honestly like the EX better - performance, MPG, quiet, smooth ride.

Since I know the game that posts mean zip w/out pics - here's a few from the desert southwest.

dividedhighw

Welcome, AZTEX35! Very much appreciate you contributing to our group and your confirmation that we're stockpiling some useful info here!

Can't see your pics but hope you fix that soon ... looking forward to some scenes from the Southwest US of A!

Cheers,David

AZTEX35

Thanks for the welcome - tried to zerothread?id=324923 the pics under the "What color is your EX?" topic - not sure if these will stick (file size may be too large) - little different animal of how to post to this forum.

Regards

Titans08
Car: EX35- Blue Slate/Wheat/AWD/PREM/NAV

Hello, just joined this evening from Nashville.

Soon to be new owner of a Blue Slate/Wheat/AWD/PREM/NAV EX35 the day after Thanksgiving for the wife. She is coming from a 03 Corrolla so this is a HUGE step up. She is so stoaked about the keyless fob, bluetooth, heated seats, power and the list goes on and on. Found a great deal on one in Lexington, KY. Can't wait to pick it up. Wil post pic's this weekend

graphongraph
Car: 2008 EX35 Graphite/Graphite

Hello eveyone, just joined. Picked up a 2008 EX35 a few days ago as the lease was going out on the 05 FX35. Couldn't get exactly what I wanted, but quite happy with the Plat Graphite Ext/Graphite Int with Prem, Luxe and Nav pckgs.

dividedhighw

Welcome to NICO, graphongraph!!

Cheers,David

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”