Welcome to all the newbies!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I have seen a lot of new folks here lately, both posting and lurking.

Welcome to NICO, and thanks for hanging out with us!..:jazz:

Fred...:newbie:

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

:Werd

The more the merrier.

ru4racn

Thanks alot. You all seem real nice much better than some of the other message boards.

Found a 2003 Silver g35 Coupe 6mt today, 11k for $30,900. Did not drive it b/c of time constraints, will try to drive tomorrow. Sat in it though and ran the motor, it's quiet. More legroom in the back than I thought there would be. Not much headroom, but I do not plan on spending much time in the back, that's for the kids.

mike

rydwhite

Quiet?

Well, I guess it might be coming from the Lighting. It gets louder as you get on it. It has a real nice sound though. Let us know how that test drive goes.

ru4racn

The wife thinks I should get the Sedan, that would be a big step coming from the L. I want the Coupe. Which exhaust gives the best hp and sound? I can't wait to drive it.

rydwhite

ru4racn wrote:Which exhaust gives the best hp and sound?

It all depends. It is a highly debated topic amongst the G35 community. It seems like most people are going Borla, but I know that our sponsor BRM has a really nice exhaust that I plan to go with sometime in the future (maybe later this year or sometime next spring). Hp gains are still really up in the air right now for most. It mostly seems that they are all within a few hp of each other at peak on the dyno. The sound depends on what you are looking for. I've heard a G with Greddy straightpipes that is pretty loud, the borla is pretty deep sounding. The BRM and Nismo should sound a little louder than the stock but I'm not sure of the real differences. The stock exhaust is really quite good and sounds really nice as is, but you gain get some minor improvements in hp and sound by going aftermarket. I'm not yet convinced that the exhaust is worth the money unless you are changing some other things, such as headers.

Oh, and by the way, get the coupe. Nothing against the sedan, but you got to go with the coupe in my opinion.

ru4racn

Thanks!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”