Welcome/Approach lights on Rogue vs Sport

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kheller2
Car: 2019 Rogue SL

I'm a new owner of a 2019 Rogue SL. I noticed that the Rogue Sport has "approach lights" where the Rogue does not. Since these vehicles are so similar (mechanically and electrically -- I'm assuming) has anyone considered retrofitting the Sport lighting into the Rogue? I recently ordered the ground lighting kit and it would be very nice if I could get these to turn on as I approached the vehicle (in addition to when you unlock the doors). No big deal if I can't, its just something I'm used to from other vehicles.

I can't seem to find recent Rogue/Sport service manuals for the wiring diagrams to compare them (and then I wouldn't have asked here if its possible), just the older PRE 2016 models that NICO managed to obtain.

Thanks for any comments!

Karl

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

Hmm, the biggest difference between the two is the Sport model is smaller than the current gen. AFAIK, this is the first time anyone has suggested retrofitting the Sport lighting into the current gen Rogue. It may require quite a bit of work, but might be possible.

Nissan North America (NNA) completely revamped their FSM website, making obtaining them a labor intensive process (not counting the costs incurred as well). The Powers That Be are working on this, and we hope to have more current FSM's available in the near future.

kheller2
Car: 2019 Rogue SL

I haven't been able to find anything that confirms what "approach lighting" really means on the Sport. I can't find it in the owners manuals. Granted, I could be looking for the wrong words but... I'm assuming it turns on the cabin light etc as you get near the vehicle (when it senses your key FOB). Anyone on here with a sport that confirm what "approach lighting" means and if it is configurable?

Thanks!

Return to “Rogue Forum”