Weird grinding noise

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Doddley
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue

Hi Guys,

I was hoping you could help me figure out what I am experiencing. I am getting a high pitch grinding noise while driving. It seems to only happen at specific RPMs and gears. I tried revving it in Neutral and did not hear anything. My car is a 2012 Nissan Rogue SV. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hear is a video. You can hear the noise at the beginning and later the car switches gears and it goes away. This happens at 1500-1750 RPM.

http://youtu.be/XI7yk9Lyc1s

Leo2005

Have you done any service on the car recently? Without taking a look my first guess would be a brake rotor shield (cover) bended and touches up a rotor.

Doddley
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue

Thanks for the reply. I get regular oil changes and also a few thousand miles ago got the 30,000 maintanence check up. I believe they checked the fluids and rotated the tires.

It is pretty consistantly matching the RPMs. There is that 1500-1750 range that is in the video and then there is another time it does it around 4000 rpm. I can hear it in the car while driving with the windows up, but it gets much louder with the windows open and driving next to a wall where the sound can reflect up.

ImJusDatGuy
Car: Nissan Rogue 2012

Have you ever got the problem figured out ?

Return to “Rogue Forum”