Weird DCA/Cruise Behavior

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
nnn614

2013 M37x

I always drive with DCA turned on. A few days ago I started randomly hearing a single beep while I was driving. Yesterday I found that it's doing it as I'm turning and the beep is the DCA turning itself off, except there are no other indications besides the beep. The LCD still shows that the DCA is on but it stops detecting vehicles in front of me. If I turn it off and back on, it beeps again and remains off even though the LCD still indicates that it's on. The same thing happens when I try to turn on the cruise control. Usually when the car loses traction or the front sensor loses focus because of sun, rain, or dirt, I hear the same beep and the DCA indicator starts flashing but that's not the case here - only the beep. Any ideas before I take it in for service? I'm thinking the sensor either needs to be realigned or it went bad. The bad thing is I haven't been able to figure out how to duplicate the problem on demand - I just have to wait for it to happen.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

that is a new one , sorry i haven't seen that happen on mine . You seem to have enough information although its random.

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

There are other parts to the DCA besides the radar sensor. There's also a gas pedal actuator, brake actuator, and brake actuator controller, as well as the buzzer, control switch and indicator. From what I've read in other forums, the sensor is sensitive to strong light, like a low sunset/sunrise, etc. and will turn itself off to avoid false alarms. Rain can also affect operation.

cliffyk
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 w/ "Premium" package

DCa would be the first thing I'd disable/toss out--if my car had it. My wife's old 2012 RAV4 was being serviced a while back and we got a 2019 model with all that silly driver assistance crap for a loaner; drove us both crazy...

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

cliffyk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:28 am
DCa would be the first thing I'd disable/toss out--if my car had it. My wife's old 2012 RAV4 was being serviced a while back and we got a 2019 model with all that silly driver assistance crap for a loaner; drove us both crazy...
Assuming your profile is currentl, you live in St. Augustine. Might not be useful for you due to I presume less gridlock/rush hour traffic. When I lived in NJ for 3 months due to a work contract, it was the best thing since sliced bread. Traffic day and not on the Garden State Parkway or I-78 was brutal. The only thing I wish it did was stop and go and not just stop. Kind of like a Tesla.

nnn614

armybrat wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:20 am
There are other parts to the DCA besides the radar sensor. There's also a gas pedal actuator, brake actuator, and brake actuator controller, as well as the buzzer, control switch and indicator. From what I've read in other forums, the sensor is sensitive to strong light, like a low sunset/sunrise, etc. and will turn itself off to avoid false alarms. Rain can also affect operation.
This is good information. Yesterday I was able to trace it to the gas pedal: fast acceleration causes the problem I described (even if the car is in park - putting the pedal to the floor for 1-2 seconds triggers it). It's different than when rain/dirt/light affect the sensor because the DCA indicator flashes in those cases. With this problem, the indicator stays on but the functionality just stops working. I'm dropping it off for diagnosis on Friday. Hopefully it's relatively quick and easy to find and fix.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”