Weird Boost Leak

Your stop for everything on Nissan's performance brand. Whether you're looking for info on the new Sentra NISMO concept, the GT-R NISMO, 370Z NISMO, or just some of the many NISMO branded parts - You're in the right place.
Ricky1981
Car: 2016 Nissan Juke NISMO RS

My 2016 Nismo RS is leaking boost. I have sealed up the few things that were leaking- 2 intercooler pipes and the BOV at the pipe flange. Now I've got 1 big leak left. I cannot find it. I hear it. I sprayed the area I hear it with soapy water and it is not making bubbles because it is shooting out like crazy! I thought it was leaking around the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump, but on closer inspection it is shooting the soapy water towards it. I cannot see where it is coming from as the wire harness and some other things are blocking my sight and I cannot move them at all to see anything. Can the rocker cover leak boost? If so, I thought it would leak oil as well...no oil leaks at all. I've exhausted everything I know to do. I've Googled it. I've talked to my local shop over the phone. I thought someone on here might have had the same problem. I do have a FMIC, aftermarket piping, custom downpipe, and a tune. I'm boosting at 16lbs. Nothing too crazy yet.

kornmanz
Car: 89 240sx Hatch SR Powa'd

Which engine? On the SR there's a little nipple under the IACV in the intake manifold, really hard to get to through the harness, that plagued me with a boost leak for a long time until I dug in and found it.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

kornmanz wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:56 am
Which engine?
On a Juke he has an MR16DDT, direct-injected.

For the OP, the best way to locate a leak like that is smoke. On a Juke I'd be looking at the plastic tube into the Throttle Body, they have thin walls and when they fatigue, they often hairline-crack near the top or bottom in places that are difficult to see or feel.

kornmanz
Car: 89 240sx Hatch SR Powa'd

Oh I didn't see in the post it was in his profile. I don't know a thing about Juke's sorry lol.

Ricky1981
Car: 2016 Nissan Juke NISMO RS

I will certainly check into that. Thank you!

Return to “NISMO”