weird afr issues

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
kazuma

I havent posted here in a long time but I thought maybe you guys can help :)

I FINALLY got the built ka-t to run and be drivable but I have noticed something really weird that I can't explain. when I first turn the car on my afr's are lean(15.5-16, should be around 14.5-15) and after driving around and warming up it goes super rich like 11-12 AND when I am just cruising(just holding a speed/rpm)it randomly starts to sputter and become pig rich, when this happens if I try to giv'er it starts going and then again it just starts hesitating/making a popping sound(sounded like spark blowout) and the bov(synapse bov) sounded like it wasn't working(could hear the turbo spin backwards).

I thought it was a boost leak at bov so decided to mess with that and the first thing I did was try to run the bov without recirculating it(i know nothing to do with boost leak but ya...). the car idles fine without it AND under WOT I do not have any sort of hesitation or spark blow out type symptoms but it runs pig rich(the wideband starts at 10 and anything below is rich) and I cant get the car to idle after driving it a bit.

SO does anyone have any ideas what it could be? I know the richness after the bov vents to atmosphere is because it's not getting the air put back into the system but why can I NOT get it to idle?

the setup is:

built kade-t(ross8.6 pistons, eagle rods, stock head)
precision 6031e t3/t4 .63 a/r
650cc injectors
z32 maf
walboro pump
safc2(set 2in 2out)
ecu tuned for z32/650cc

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Just everything I can think of...

Leaking injector, chip in the ecu is loose or disconnected, bad O2, bad AIT sensor, SAFC settings are f'd.

Sorry, hard to troubleshoot from the bench.

WD

neverlift

sounds like a bad ecu connection, check harness and daughterboard..

ecu tuned by who?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”