Weber Carbs for 720

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
3wheelin720
Car: 1984 Nissan/Datsun 720 King Cab 4x4

I recently got an '84 720 4x4 with the z24 motor and I was messing with the carb today to try and get it running better...well it won't idle at all, it just dies. I believe I will be replacing all the vacuum lines soon, but I was looking around and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Weber carb conversions. I've seen it on a few, and it seems like a cool swap. What are the pros and cons of this conversion? Weber seems to turn out a quality product, but before I spend nearly $300 on the sway I wanted some input on it. Any thoughts? Would it do better at funky angles?

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

There is some info here about the Weber conversions... Don't be afraid to stop by the 720 Forum! ;) Plenty of info in there...

I love gettin' my 720 up on 3 wheels as well... little different way than yours, however! Welcome, man! Truck looks good.

3wheelin720
Car: 1984 Nissan/Datsun 720 King Cab 4x4

Hey, thanks a lot! I suppose that's a good reason to look around before posting! ;) The FAQ has a ton of good stuff in it. I already appreciate the work you put into it, I'm sure I'll be visiting it again...multiple times as my truck hopefully progresses. I just ordered the carb kit (watched a few vids on youtube with the consensus that they are an excellent swap) so we'll see how it goes! Thanks again!

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

The FAQ is decently full.. but the DIY thread is FULL of good stuff!

Return to “Datsun Chat”