Weathertech or Factory cargo tray/ all season mats

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
papagiorgio

I'm looking to get the cargo tray and all season mats for my 09 fx35, and the factory cargo tray is only $43 compared to the $125 from Weathertech.

Has anyone had experience with either? And which would you get? I'm just trying to not get any dog hair in the back when the dog is in it.

The sides and back of the seats are not covered with a cargo tray. So, I would love to have something like the factory Honda Pilot liner, does anyone know if I can find something like this for the FX? http://www.handa-accessories.c...3.jpg

yellowbear
Car: EX35

I was looking for the same thing for my 2010 FX. Come to find out, the 2010 FX has a cargo mat either with or without a cargo box.The total for both is $225 on my invoice. It is called a "cargo organizer and protector". There is no factory rubberized mat. The factory protector is a close woven mat which works well but will not take spills and grime well especially if you have the light camel interior. I took out the cargo organizer (it attaches with some clips) and left the protector. I think the organizer which folds flat still protrudes and it is completely useless. I have carried garden supplies and the factory woven mat is easy to take out and clean but it is not rubberized.

There are a couple of places with rubberized mats like

http://www.jcwhitney.com/cargo...58625

which appear to be customized to the second gen FX but with shipping they are all about $150. I would suggest one of these if you didn't spend the $225 for the factory protector and organizer. Good luck!

papagiorgio

Oh, I didn't realize that it wasn't rubber. Thanks for the info!

$65 bucks for the factory cargo protector is pretty good compared to the rubberized $125 aftermarket trays. http://www.infinitiusa.com/fx/...X_VLP

So is the fit perfect? Do you see any uncovered areas? I'm worried about dog hair getting everywhere, especially on uncovered areas. That's why I would much rather have something like the Honda Pilot that goes up the sides as well as back of the seats.

yellowbear
Car: EX35

papagiorgio wrote:So is the fit perfect? Do you see any uncovered areas? I'm worried about dog hair getting everywhere, especially on uncovered areas. That's why I would much rather have something like the Honda Pilot that goes up the sides as well as back of the seats.
Fit is fine- the clips inside the rear hatch on the left and right can be left down to hold it it. As I said it is fiber, not rubber. It does not have any lip to speak of to hold liquids.It can be easily removed and brushed or hosed off. I would not use it for oily or caustic fluids or carrying say chlorine. I keep plastic sheets where the spare tire is to carry mulch, plants or other garden supplies and an old kitty litter box for carrying liquids that may spill.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”