Weak or flat spot in the RPM range.

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
stanzabonanza
Car: '91 Stanza XE

Hello,

My KA24E has this real dead feeling area in the RPM range from about 2k-3k. Off the line it has a nice bit of upmh then it his 2k and kinda backs off the power, but once it hits 3k it wakes back up. Its really bad up a steep hill and/or with the car loaded up. If i'm at a cruising speed in that range the engine sounds like the RPMs are bobbing ever so slightly as well. :gotme

It's kinda always been that way but it seems kinda worse lately. It's not my DD so it could be that it just feels worse. Maybe i'm paying attention to it more since all the work i had done.

Recently it i have:
Replaced the head(rebuilt from CHI) and all associated gaskets
O2 Sensor
new plugs wires cap and rotor
fresh timing set
cleaned all the intake goodies including MAF, PCV, and IAC
replaced every single hose and PCV valve (that was a lot of cutting tiny bits of vac line!)

1991 Stanza XE, Auto. 120k miles.

Thanks! :biggrin:

stanzabonanza

Bump bump :woot:

masterbeatty
Car: 2008 nissan altima coupe 2.5s-Sold
2011 MB 370Z 6MT

WOW! i have the same problem. I acctually have my car down at the dealership looking into it. I replaced the plugs, wires, car and rotor too thinking it is an ignition problem. They told me IDK... $300 later the said it could be the worn as F^*K engine mounts so they replaced them. I get the car back tomorrow. Did you do anything else since april?

stanzabonanza

Yes. Turns out the evap canister valve was stuck open. To test it I just pulled the vent line from the intake and capped it, letting the evap vent to atmosphere. Solved the flat spot.

masterbeatty
Car: 2008 nissan altima coupe 2.5s-Sold
2011 MB 370Z 6MT

ooooh really. thanks man i will check that when in get my car back tomorrow.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”