We the people... More like We the skewed/rigged petitions...

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

I distinctly remember going on a rant on here about gun control and how the petition responses didn't reflect what the public thought at all, but I can't for the life of me find it right now. Anyways, the whole premise behind my post was that there was only one petition supporting gun control which reached the limit (25,000 back then) and many that were opposed which had far surpassed the 25,000 limit. And I remember that the response I received was basically, "Oh so you don't want any kinds of gun bans? We agree there's a problem, so here's what we're gonna ban."

That being said, I went to reference the petitions on the response page today. There is only ONE petition saying to leave us the hell alone, and tons of petitions far over the threshold of 25K supporting further gun control measures. For reference:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/respon ... n-violence

This is ludicrous to me. I distinctly remember being furious because they ignored the content of all the petitions at the time and said, "Whatever, we're gonna do what we want." Now I'm doubly furious that they're changing the content of the petitions. Where the hell did that one with 197,000 signatures come from? I remember that one specifically had 23K or 24K signatures when they closed it out and stopped allowing signing. The highest voted one was just under 75K, and was against gun control. Now, they've completely flipped the scale, and I suppose they expect people not to notice crap like this? Just another thing the Government is being dishonest about, I suppose. f*** insanity.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Obama's drone strikes have killed more children than my gun.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Also, jsut checked the open petitions, and there are some there with no responses that met the requirements 6 months ago. Ridiculous.

They also moved most of the pro-gun petitions back into the "open" petitions queue. I still wanna know where that 197K signature one came from. I check this site once every two weeks, if not every week. This is something I would have certainly noticed.

Return to “Politics Etc.”