WD RACING Turbo Kit

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
fritts

WD, Not to put you on the spot. Well actually ya to put you on the spot. I was wondering what you are planning for your turbo kit for the KA24DE. Things like manifold, IC, Turbo, Fuel, and Electronics. I don't want to waste my money somewhere else if your going to go the same place as I want to go with the turbo kit.

slipsr20

:confused: search! search! search!........ scroll down and check out his postings! Hope this helps.

fritts

Why don't you read the posts. Other than the secondary fuel supply he hasn't gone into what componets he plans on using. I am hoping he'll go the IC route instead of alcohol or propane injection.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Ok, The kit will come with a T3/T4 turbine. I haven't tested the turbines yet, so I don't know what trims I'll be sellling. All kits I sell will come with a FMIC and all the plumbing whether or not you opt for alcohol or propane. The fuel management for stg 1 kits will be a standalone secondary injector setup driven proportionally from boost. So the stock componants will not need to be changed.

Stage 2 and up kits will come with a pretuned but completely upgradeable standalone fuel injection setup. This kit will allow for hp numbers well over 500. Although I won't be selling them tuned for anything near that. My kits will be tuned for any amount of boost you select between 10-20 psi. Or as high as I can get a KADET to go in stock trim. But each kit is tuneable by the user. It'll be up to you to make the choice.

Each kit will have dyno runs and 1/4 mile times so you can see what each will do on a S13/S14 on different levels of boost.

You guys will have to bare with me for a few months when I get back. I have to buy a house, garage and a few cars and motors to play with. For the first few months I actually open. The kits will probably take 4-6 weeks for shipping. Since I don't have enough cash lying around to buy manifolds and turbines in bulk yet. But as money comes in and I buy more quantity, the shipping times will be cut in 1/2 and the prices will go down rather then up like everyone else.

If your in my area when I do get back, I'll still be able to do installs and what not. Which will cut down on time.

I'm figuring on my kits starting at $2500 give or take a few bucks ranging through $3500 for a kit that will support more hp then most people have ever gotton out of a KA. Most all kits will be upgradeable as well. So if you just want a stg1 now, you can opt for my standalone fuel injection system at a later date.

Alcohol and Propane kits will probably be sold seperatly. Although I know I'll be using one or both on my car, some people just feel uneasy with alternate fuels.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me here... [email protected]

I'm workin on a website and what not at the moment also, I'll let you guys know when I'm done with it.

WD

creophus
Car: 240SX SE & 200SX

Sounds really good. Just make sure you come to FL! That way I can have you do my install! :D

keepingthe240

Are the intercoolers going to be new??? OR are they going to be dsm or (used)???

WDRacing

LOL, I won't be selling any used parts. Everything will be brand new and tested.

WD

keepingthe240

Is the starting price of $2,500 going to drop after you start buying your parts in bulk??? When will you know where your going to be stationed at??? What month???

WDRacing

should be next month man, actually, since i've been doing a ton of research, i've got some really good idea's in the works. I'll be selling all kinds of stuff from recalibrated MAF's, fuel rails, ground kits and stand alone fuel management for a price we will all love.

I doubt you'll a price much below 2500 buycks though. Unless you call me and opt to remove certain things from the kits. But 2500 for a full kit including fuel management aint a bad price anyway.

WD

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

hey WD, I was planning on using my own fuel mgmt system(NISMO FPR, 550cc injectors, S-afc2 and Z32 MAF, possibly a JWT ECU) so would it be possible to just get the turbine, manifold, wastegate, downpipe, FMIC, etc from you?-chet

forcedboost

WD, ok so stage 1 fuel management will consist of plumbing an extra injector into the intake itself, Nitrous style right. Now will the controller for the injector allow it to pulse accordingly to boost? Or will it just spray 'cold start style' at a certain point boost level via pressure switch?

WDRacing

It will have an adjustable rise in gain with boost levels. I works off of a 3bar map sensor. So you don't just get the fuel dumped in and have your motor run stupid rich till it gets to the rpm the fuel is actually good for. Its gonna come tuned on the rich side for safety margins, but its just a turn of a dial away from leaning it out a bit if the user wants.

WD

MainEvent212

wow 2500?

maybe i'll wait for a few months...even tho i really dont want to...if i can get ur kit...

WDRacing

I'll make one special just for you...

TurboKA37

I was planning on ordering a NSport kit around late august-early september but if u will be selling kits by then i might change my decision. a couple questions tho. what type of manifold will be in ur kit? and will u have ur kits for sale by september? thnx

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

i'll buy your kit for 2500, geez..that's damn cheap for intercooled kit.

MainEvent212

yeah, hey, do you think we could maybe collaborate on a custom kit for me, possibly getting it within a month or so?

keepingthe240

He's still in japan until january

aleph1
Car: 1990 240SX hatch MODS: class.

Sounds awesome WD. Two questions.

A- Will you offer any ball bearing turbos?

B- Will you offer turbo engine rebuilt kits (such as with forged rods, pistons, metal gaskets etc)?

Make that 3.

C- Any details yet as far as what turbo manifold you are using? (would be awesome if it would be equal length)

toki

and January sounds just about right for when I would be looking to get my turbo setup running. And I happen to live it Tucson (I think you said you were considering here or phoenix for the shop in another thread?). :D I think we should be very good friends once you get stateside. heh

WDRacing

Ok, I'll try to answer all the questions in one reply...

TurboKA37, mainevent212,No sorry, I don't get back to the states till December, then I have to buy a house and set up shop. I have a basic idea for everything I need, just a matter of fitting all the pieces and getting the fuel system tuned up.

aleph1,A, I can do the ball bearing option, but add 1000 bucks or so to the price tag for the turbine, wastegate and extra plumbing/welding.B, I'll be offering a complete custon piston/rod combo as well as a very nice custom cam grind. Should be the most aggressive street cam on the market for the KA. I'll also be offering complete short blocks that I build with all new bearings some block work and all forged internals. I'll also be offering titanium rods for those who can afford them.C. Tubular manifolds take along time to make, and you never get 2 to come out the same, so my plumbing would have to be redone with every kit. Not to mention they are more expensive. The log style I'm using will work just fine.

toki,I should be going to Tuscon, you'll have to swing by the shop so we can have a few beers.

WD

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

I want a set of titanium rods..add that to my "save up for THIS" list...

-chet

WDRacing

You and me both bro...

keepingthe240

wdracing......i was looking at your turbo faq section.....that website says.......Initial recommendations for normal single turbocharger applications (assuming a controlled boost of 10 psi or less) may be selected as shown in the following table: ........can you put that above your graph so no one gets confused. Also can u add a good t3 and t3/t4 turbo set up(trim and a/r for both compressor and turbine) for the ka24.......is it a highly guarded secret??? <--am i going to get flamed for asking??? On a lighter note...........You know of how much that complete short block will cost? I'm looking to crank the boost but i don't have a month to waste to have a shop build up my block.

toki

Definitly WD, but theres that whole underage thing, just to forwarn you.

f1seb

I'll be looking for a Turbo kit for my S14 next year for sure. If you make what I like my money will most likely be going to you instead of an Nsport retailer.

WDRacing

SSB, how much boost do you want to run??

Toki, if your old enough to take a bullet for your country, your old enough to drink a beer.

F1, I'm pretty sure you'll like what I make. I'm not going to sell them until they are making more HP then every available kit on the market by a wide margin.

WD

keepingthe240

I was asking for both a t3 and a t3/t4 turbo set up. Here is 3 set ups i found in scc for a 2200cc-2600cc displacement.t3....60-trim.... .48 a/r t3 72 trim t3 .63 to .82 a/r t3 t3 62 trim .60 a/r t04b 72 trim .82 a/r t3t3/t4 60 trim t04e .60 a/r t04e 76 trim t350 .82 a/r t3 turbo.....compressor wheel...compressor housing...turbine wheel...turbine housing.the first 2 are fast response street, last one is a max street,weekend warrior combo. Any input....I'm looking to push a t3 as far as it can go. Any thoughts of buying a t3 on ebay and custom building it to get the specs you want vs. settling for some elses set up??

toki

heh...about that....I'm sure they could draft at 16 if they really wanted to? heh :thumbup

Aceshigh

Hey, maybe I am just blind but what is the url for WD's site?

Thanks

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”