WD RACING Turbo Kit

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
toki

ok, WD, the more I think about it, the more excited I get about having a real shop in Tucson. I'm so far ahead of myself thinking I might be able to work with you or something, which I know is probably not the case, but it's like dropping a fat kid in a city made of candy. But it's me and a real garage with a guy who knows his shi*, heh. But I would like to talk to you more about it someday if you have the time, I may be able to help you with some advertising and introduce you to some of the local 240 guys if you care. (I don't know if your shop will be primarily nissan? Or a general service shop or something?)

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

All 240's for quiet awhile, I'm going to have the fastest KADET powered 240 in the world.....seriously, I am.

WD

WDRacing

Aceshigh wrote:Hey, maybe I am just blind but what is the url for WD's site?

Thanks

No site yet bro, I won't even be home till December. I'm not going to start really advertising till I get the site up and I'm home and my garage is running. I don't wanna take orders or give people fals hope.

But I'm out of the USAF in just over a year, and this is my new bussiness. I'm not even positive on the area the USAF is sending me home to yet...lol. So you can see my reluctance to build the website and what not.

WD

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

WDRacing wrote:All 240's for quiet awhile, I'm going to have the fastest KADET powered 240 in the world.....seriously, I am.

WD

yeah. I wanna help :)-chet

Bill

WDRacing what turbo are you running?

Projex240
Car: Dogs , My RIDE

WD- I am workingt on another ka build up trying to reach the 600 hp mark. Everything ive seen so far is really great what you are doing. I have to go the stand alone route, and what your working with sounds awesome, but im leaning towards full standalone. In fact I already have the e6k partially wired an ready to go. But, what my real question is-how are liking those t3/62-1 or t3/60-1's? I can get both for 650 to my door, and with an exhaust housing and wheel to my specs. (.82-stage 3 wheel). The compressors on those suckers move LOTS of air and support 35-40 pounds of boost. (tell me 40 pounds would kick all kinds of ***!) Not too mention that even though they will lag till arounf 4000 or so, theyll still make lots of power from 4000 up from the-once again-huge monstrous compressor. were talkin .70 compressor here folks. t3/t04e push 55 lbs/min of flow----t3/60-1's make 60 lbs/min of flow. Granted that t3/t04e's are cheaper, but im talking about big power. Tell me of you think that thses are worth the cost and time to buy.

-Josh

WDRacing

I like the 60-1 and the 62-1 Compressors. Yu can always go with a smaller AR to decrease the lag time. You won't like the lag trust me. Although I'm not sure actually how bad it would be.

I'm going with a Full BB unit for my race car. Perhaps a GT35R or somthing slightly larger. I'm uncertain at the moment, since I'm going to take my time building the car, I'm still working on a stroker crank and sleeves so I can turn it into a KA26DET. We'll see. I've got some really nice titanium rods to throw on....

WD

EastCoast240

KA26DET.....sounds nice. You planning on selling those kits as well?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

how much would the Ti rods be?-chet

WDRacing

I'm pretty sure I can get them for 450 each...

GirlRacerS14
Car: Cars and motorcycles and racing both of them hard and fast

WDRacing wrote:All 240's for quiet awhile, I'm going to have the fastest KADET powered 240 in the world.....seriously, I am.

WD

Now WD, you know my 240 is supposed to be the fastest KA powered 240. You promised...... ;)

GR

Bill

Projex240 wrote: t3/60-1's - IThe compressors on those suckers move LOTS of air and support 35-40 pounds of boost. (tell me 40 pounds would kick all kinds of ***!)
The 60-1 will not flow anywhere close to that, still a good turbo.

WD- do you plan on spraying at all?

creophus
Car: 240SX SE & 200SX

WD,

You're getting a lot of attention dude! Make sure you deliver on these turbo kits! :)

Projex240
Car: Dogs , My RIDE

the 60-1 will flow 60 lbs of air/min- and ive seen it support 35 pounds of boost on a 2jz (the exhuast housing was a .82 with a stage 5 wheel). Im not sure where people think that just because theyve never seen it or cant prove that it does means its not for real. and youre right bob, its a good turbo.

WD- Im with you, I dont like lag at all. But this car isnt going to be my daily driver. I dont see many people who try to build top speed 240's and thats my goal right now. I want that 60-1 to be at the top of its potential, and i plan on using a 50-75 shot to spool up to. My lag should only be up to about 4500 or so ( im hoping). Another thing im going to try ( here comes the flaming...i can feel it- i hate flamers) Using a TT lsd. The gear ratio would be more practical for what kind of power i need. I would hit around a 150 or so top speed in about 60-70 seconds im guessing. I need a lower ratio that will carry me farther. Another option that im exploring is the t-67. I talked to, i believe theyre called, CPI motorsports today. They are running a t-67 ka and getting 560 hp to the wheel off the spray. >SICK<But they lag unitl about 5000 or so. Not my style since I still want a usable power band. Maybe a t-66 with some nitrous. I have no idea on what route im going to take with my turbo--give me some insight. And no flaming anyone please-this isnt your car-do what you want with yours...ill see you in the rear view.

WDRacing

creophus wrote:WD,

You're getting a lot of attention dude! Make sure you deliver on these turbo kits! :)

I have to, its going to be my only bussiness...lol

JPRempe

Well, you'll most likely have me as a customer. December is my birthday :) Sounds like it'll be a happy birthday to me...

EastCoast240

Little off topic but when I turbo I would like to go standalone. I live in Newfoundland and I don't know if anyone knows where the rock is to but I don't have access to a dyno. How much trouble will I have with tuning the system? I have some knowledge as i'm an automotive technician.

WD will you be running both propane and alcohol? A honda guy that I know here has used alcohol with great results and I would definately be interested.

WDRacing

How much boost do you want to run? How much hp do you plan on for a final goal? A stand alone really isn't req'd, but if you do decide to go that route, its extremely hard to tune without the use of a Dyno. You could use a datalogging system with a wideband O2, but that will be fairly expensive as well.

I'm not going to run alky and propane at the same time. I'm just going to develope 2 seperate kits. The alcohol kit I'm working on will be similer to my fuel injection kit. Since most alky kits on the market simply dump alcohol into the intake tract at a certain boost without being able to adjust the gain. I'm working on a kit that will work off of a MAP sensor. So you can run a ton of boost without booging out the engine and cooling off the exhaust charge enough to unspool the turbine. I've got it all basically figured out on paper and in my head. I just need to attach the parts to a 240 when I get home in December.

WD

TurboKA37

it seems that u still have a lot of testing and actual development of ur fuel system and turbo kit and u dont get back till december. i think alot of the people who are interested in ur kit are under the impression that u will be selling the kits by early january. is that enough time for u to do ur R&D? or are u going to start ur testing while over seas?

WDRacing

My kits should be onsale by late Jan early feb. Tuning my fuel computer is easy, building the kits is fairly simple. I just need to fab up all the piping and what not. Thats the hardest part.

I've always said I'm not even home yet, I have to get back and buy a house and a car and setup my garage. So if you can't wait then by all means buy another kit or piece one together. I'm just letting people know I'll be selling a great kit for a great price.

WD

creophus
Car: 240SX SE & 200SX

Do you plan on this kit being easy enough to install that we could do this ourselves? I'm mean that's kind of a big advantage of getting a kit.

iwanta240
Car: driveing like a madman

Sounds great im going to piece together a kit when i get my 240 while i wait on WD's kit and shortblock. I you get sent anywhere near NC man i'd be willing to help you test and set up.

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

it's not hard to install a turbo kit. it's just that people don't follow directions!! they do a half-*** ghetto job on an oil line fitting or something, and end up bombin their turbo. I'm sure WD's kit will include detailed instructions. Just do as you're told and DON'T ghetto anything out. Don't hesitate to spend a little money on accessories either.

240nismo
Car: Master of bation

the better the product and effort= the better the result...

dufiwon

what about drifting could you make me a kit specificly for drifting nothing real high hp around 250-300 but with really fast spool to keep the tires smoking

WDRacing

Yes I can make a kit with no lag...do you want to ball bearing or a trim that spools up fast enough to not need ball bearings?

WD

TomsMR2
Car: cars.. etc

250-300 hp is ALOT of hp..

dufiwon

wd-ball bearing for the extra lil bit of security if i came to your shop when you open it up do you have any idea on installation and tuning charges

250-300 hp is enough to be able to keep the tires spining all the way around the apex 200hp would probably be enough but i want to be able to do some wicked power overs :ylsuper

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

WDRacing wrote:Yes I can make a kit with no lag...do you want to ball bearing or a trim that spools up fast enough to not need ball bearings?

WD

yea, but can you have a lot of boost, provided there's no lag? that's what i find hard to believe. I don't see how you're gonna get a big turbine to spin instantly. but the more we challenge you, the better your kits will be hopefully!!:D

aleph1
Car: 1990 240SX hatch MODS: class.

Im with dufiwon, thats what Im looking for aswell. Im looking for 10psi max. More when I get forged bottom end parts, then max boost I can run on 91 octance.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”