Water under my carpet. Sunroof drain issue?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

I happened to watch a video the other day about AC drains causing water under the carpet. My car was smelling a little funky, so I took the carpet out and discovered a swimming pool. However it was on both the passenger and drivers side. They say the AC drain issue will only be on the passenger side, so the next thing I read about was sunroof drain hoses.

People say unclogging it with an air compressor will do the trick, but I want to actually locate the thing and inspect it all the way down, or at least from the edge of the headliner. I don't really want to pull that off if I don't have to, and I don't think there is any leak up there.

I saw another Infiniti had them running down the A pillar, but I couldn't find them there. I guess I'll try the B pillar next, but my wife says I've already been outside too long today.

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I found a diagram. https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 6+Trim.pdf
I really need to consult the manual first. I keep forgetting they're available here.

Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

I ran into this a few weeks ago with our California rains. Just the passenger side, not as bad as yours from the sound of it, but bad enough. I tried with both weedeater string and #12 wire, could get a ways down there, but not all the way. Seems to exit thru a narrow slot in the frame. But I couldn't even see it until I got it in the garage, the black hole in a black area with sun in my eyes rendered it invisible. But yes, compressed air did the trick. Mine wasn't even plugged, just restricted. Water would eventually drain, but if I poured enough in it would be over on the other side running down that one before it drained where it was supposed to. To dry it up I used a leaf blower stuck under the carpet for hours on end. Not a great way to do it, but I didn't want to take everything apart, and it did work eventually.

Not saying it's a bad thing to find the hose, but I really don't think you need to.

Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

Turns out it was my AC drain, or maybe a combination of the two.

I think it was on both sides because it was so soaked, that it crept over to the other side... maybe lol.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”