Water spraying from firewall nipple

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Paladin22
Car: Nissan Maxima 1994 J30 VG30E

Hi Everybody. Another Maxima noob checking in. I bought a 1994 SEL (VG30E) - righthand drive and assembled in New Zealand - so there might be differences between NZ and US models.
Previous owner/s could not be bothered with a little trivial thing like coolant, so this had to be my first job. Lost a bit of metal off the outlet pipe and one of the heater pipes (thinking inlet?).
She has now been water flushed and Nulon flushed - ready for new coolant. Now to my question...
During the flush I noticed water spraying from a little rubber nipple on the firewall. It is on the left hand side of car (right if looking into engine bay from front), just behind the fuel filter. Even though the engine and water were hot, this water was cold. I have been using this manual http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nis...e-manuals.html and also have a Chilton's manual (for the VG30E but only up to 1992). And the internet, of course...
As the system has been flushed, incl heater core, this water is clean. So far I have not found any mention anywhere about this...uhh part?
Does anyone know what the function is of that little nipple and/or where the water is coming from? I am a little reluctant to put in water and anti-freeze before figuring it out. Everything else seems ok... And also not sure if this is even a problem!
Thank you!! :dblthumb:

EdBwoy

Paladin22 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 pm
... Everything else seems ok... And also not sure if this is even a problem!
Thank you!! :dblthumb:
Fair assessment, but I'd definitely have a problem with that spray. I can't think of any features sticking out rhe firewall as you describe, but could you please post some pictures to help us?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”