Water leaking onto driver side floor board

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
KC69
Car: 1995 300zx twin turbo

Hey guys. New to the forums and in need of help. So my 95 300zx TT (with t tops) has been leaking a bunch of water onto the floor board of the drivers side. It has been raining quite a bit in the past few weeks. I'm not sure where the water is getting into the car. My first assumption was the A-pillar/Ttop seal. If anyone has experienced the same problem please let me know your fix. Otherwise I'll just go a head and replace the t top seal with hopes of it fixing it.

Any suggestion or idea will be of great help! Thanks in advance!

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

KC69 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:21 pm
Hey guys. New to the forums and in need of help. So my 95 300zx TT (with t tops) has been leaking a bunch of water onto the floor board of the drivers side. It has been raining quite a bit in the past few weeks. I'm not sure where the water is getting into the car. My first assumption was the A-pillar/Ttop seal. If anyone has experienced the same problem please let me know your fix. Otherwise I'll just go a head and replace the t top seal with hopes of it fixing it.

Any suggestion or idea will be of great help! Thanks in advance!
Welcome!
Most likely as mentioned the t-top seal can be bad and leak water, but also check the drain holes and the hose on them for clogging or in my case, that the hole area had been covered with debris and dust long enough to dry and clog that area and cause my leak.
However, another possibility to check out is the coolant level in your car and the possibility that your heater core may have failed, which can and does happen. You should be able to determine if coolant is in your carpet and if so, you have a really tough job ahead replacing that.
Windshield seal would be the only other real possibility should the two previous issues not be present, or also possibly top door window/seal misalignment allowing water to seep in at the top of the door. The window angle can be adjusted from inside the door, and can be a leak issue if after many years they settle into a new position.
Hope this helps, Good Luck!

KC69
Car: 1995 300zx twin turbo

Took the whole carpet out on the 300zx today. Luckily it wasnt coolant. I will be replacing both t top seals since it seems they are the culprit to my problem. I made sure none of the drain holes were clogged. And if problem persists then I will look into resealing the windshield.

I appreciate the help!

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”