Water got into cabin-Electrical Issues

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
alskie
Car: 2008 M35x

With last night's rain, water got into my cabin on the front passenger side causing my horn to keep going off. Now I can't start the car because of No Key ID.

alskie

With last night's rain, water got into the cabin on the front passenger side of the car. My horn started blaring, lights came on. The car won't start because of NO Key ID.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Open up all the connectors around the passenger side kick panel and hit them all with WD40 to chase any water out. Half the signals on the car run through the big SMJ's and surrounding smaller connectors, so it only takes a little water in the wrong place to cause mayhem. If the leak is from a plugged sunroof then check the connectors on both sides, you don't need obvious water on top of the carpet for there to be water in the connectors. There are spacers underneath the carpet on almost everything Nissan, so there can be gallons of water trapped underneath the carpet before it shows up on top. That means the driver's side connectors may be affected too.

Costee
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
2012 Nissan Murano SL

I believe water is also known to collect under the battery causing the mayhem through the IPDM.

alskie

Thank you very much for your time and responding. I had to have the car towed to my nearest Infiniti dealership. I will post the outcome.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”