Water found on passenger side

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
void

Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife's 2014 Rogue happened to have a soaked headliner on the passenger this past weekend after a storm. After searching this forum, I found the solution. The passenger side sunroof drain tube was clogged. I snaked it, blew it with some air then tested, and it was nice and flowy.

Fast forward two days and I hear the sloshing of water on the passenger side when I brake or go over something bumpy. I again turn to the wisdom here and check the AC drain tube. I used some compressed air in the tube, no water comes out. Nothing was in there and it was draining just fine with the AC blasting.

So here I am, still lost. This is my current status - I tore up the passenger side and found water under the styrofoam subfloor. (I pretty much broke the subfloor too, hope that isn't too terrible.) Its pretty soaked on the insulation (blue stuff). Any suggestions?

PS - Anyone know of a Youtube channel that has a DIY library to help deduce these type of problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://imgur.com/a/bwJPbyz

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

An idea.

Commonly caused by mold buildup on detritus in the passages. If you can get a small amount of bleach in there diluted with a lot of water, that will at least slow the process down. Consider what gets touched by the bleach of course.

Used in a/c drain work. I use it in my room a/c window units to stop mold buildup and the smell it brings. It stops it pretty much instantly and it lasts for a while.

void

UPDATE:

I got the water to dry up nicely. It doesn't smell or anything.

It just rained here and I found water smack dab in the middle of the blue carpet stuff. Pretty much where the blue sticker is.

My question - Can a clog sunroof drain cause water in this area? Is there an easy way to pull this carpet/subflooring up so that I can find the leak. Please, any ideas at this point on how to narrow down how the water is getting in would be very helpful.

Thanks!

ras_oscar

I have read other threads on the forum that the culprit was a incomplete weld low in the firewall. Have not had that issue so I cannot speak from experience. See if there's a recall campain on this vehicle.

Return to “Rogue Forum”