water damage 91 240sx hatch

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
SMP86
Car: Nissan 240sx

i purchased a 91 hatch back in the summer of 05', unknowingly jumping into a spiraling vertex that sucked every last penny out of my pocket. Since purchasing the car ive dished out around 7,000.00 dollars getting the thing to pass inspection and emissions and generally road worthy. The body has a small puncture on the front bumper that the previous owner was generous enough to place there for me but it looked like he made a half crack job bondo-ing and painting it over. The windshield was cracked but i replaced it with a cleaner uncracked used winshield, but the main issue for me is right above the windshield. Recently in the last year i finnaly grounded my car out and its now resting, and i was in the process of a sr20 swap that i walked into blindly, now im selling the sr and im trying to buy a new ka to get it running again. theres rust developing above the windshield and im aware this is a delicate area that needs to be taken care of or the repairs could cost more as the damage progresses. This caused leakes while i was driving it and since its been sitting water was really getting in there some nights. I got a cover for it immediatley and im saving up for all the repairs at the moment. Ive noticed mold growing on my seats so i ripped them out, knowing the floor is wet too i dont know whether the body is salvageable because of its condition i mean can i just rip all the carpet out and is the dash gonna soak up moisture? do i have to replace that and how much does getting the interior bearable again. This isnt gonna be a special show or drift car just something i enjoy driving. Please let me know if uve seen this happen to a car and know what to do in my situation.

Return to “Interiors”