Washed, polished, and waxed :)

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
teenbean
Car: 2007 Versa S Hatchback

For the first time ever! Well I mean, I've washed my car before... but I've never polished or waxed any of my cars by myself.I did a search on here this morning and saw some people mention the Meguiars 3 step products so I tried em out, and it made a huuuge difference. I wish I took pics before I did it.. it was a disaster. I have my brothers 3 kids 24/7 so I had shoe scuffs and scrapes on the doors from whacking them with car seats and it got rid of the scuffs and the scratches are a lot less visible. (By the way, the V fits 2 toddler car seats and an infant seat in the back just fine.. in case you ever need to know :P )

I think I did a pretty decent job for a first timer.But my poor little arms are sore!

Woo!

teenbean

Annnnd I just walked back outside to grab something and my car is already covered in pollen.

Visaversa
Car: 2008 Versa S Sedan

Yeah, I almost forgot about this time of year in the north eastern United States where everybody's car is a shade of yellow. One of the many reasons why I moved to coastal Texas.... Your V looks great btw.

bulld0g
Car: 2007 Versa SL " Bulld0g Edition "

nice and clean

teenbean

Visaversa wrote:Yeah, I almost forgot about this time of year in the north eastern United States where everybody's car is a shade of yellow. One of the many reasons why I moved to coastal Texas.... Your V looks great btw.
Mhm, it currently looks like I have a yellow roof and I've only finished washing it an hour ago.And thanks :D I'm pretty proud of myself for being a first timer.

kc5f
Car: Versa SL HB CVTs - 2008 (daughter), 2007's (both RIP). I'm now in a silver 2012, my son a silver 2015 Note, my wife a bright yellow 2016 Juke.

Looms like MA doesn't require a front plate. Your V would look even cleaner without it and the bracket!

teenbean

It doesn't? Didn't know that.

Avidshifty
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

kc5f wrote:Looms like MA doesn't require a front plate. Your V would look even cleaner without it and the bracket!
I know MA did a few years back when i lived there musta changed hmm. that means when i move back up there from florida i dont have to put one on. sweet

teenbean

I really haven't seen any without a front plate so I'm assuming they're still required..

Avidshifty
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

teenbean wrote:I really haven't seen any without a front plate so I'm assuming they're still required..
From the DMV Website:

"Standard Massachusetts license plates are easy to get from the Registry of Motor Vehicles and are relatively inexpensive.

It costs $36 to get your first set of plates―Massachusetts requires both front and rear plates"

Well that sucks :P Luckily im registered for Florida so i can still go with just one plate.

frankoV
Car: 2008 SL Sedan, Magnetic Grey, CVT

If you've got a few minutes come on over -- mine's a mess too!

Figured now that the "kids" no longer are . . . and that they are hardly driving . . . I'd keep a relatively clean car. NOT.

Wife bought a dog (and it's all a lie: dog hair does not easily come off the SL seats.

So here is the only reason so far that I'd "rahter" (and that's loosly rather) a hatch: I could throw the dog in the back and have people sit in the seats without the fear of fur.

teenbean

Yeah see, no fun

teenbean

See I thought that once I got my brand new car that there would be no eating allowed, it'd be washed and vacuumed regularly.. and then my brothers kids moved in. And there are clothes everywhere, cheerios mashed into the carpet, and for some reason my dashboard seems to be a dust collector.

And I'm slacking BIG TIME on the upkeep.

kcourtad
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

frankohabs wrote:
So here is the only reason so far that I'd "rahter" (and that's loosly rather) a hatch: I could throw the dog in the back and have people sit in the seats without the fear of fur.
that loosly better be like the its being held together with a glue stick... lol... (its a joke i kid i kid) but ur looks really clean... i wish i had the time to wash mine but it seems like every weekend now we go somewhere in the mountains of TN... and when i do want to wash it... it will start raining

kc5f
Car: Versa SL HB CVTs - 2008 (daughter), 2007's (both RIP). I'm now in a silver 2012, my son a silver 2015 Note, my wife a bright yellow 2016 Juke.

teenbean wrote:I really haven't seen any without a front plate so I'm assuming they're still required..
I was just going by your photos - it looks like you have something other than a license plate up there, but I guess I'm mistaken. Too bad - they really do look better without their "buck teeth"!

joven
Car: 2008 Versa 1.8 S MT

teenbean wrote:Annnnd I just walked back outside to grab something and my car is already covered in pollen.
I have a theory that the type of car soap / wax products makes a difference in how much pollen it attracts. I've washed my car twice in the past month with Armoral's soap and wax combo (i forget the actual product name) and both times my car was completely covered in pollen in less than a day. The dealer washed it last week when I took it in for service and it has very little pollen in comparison. Has anyone else had a similar experience with different washing products?

boingo82
Car: 08 Versa SL CVT!

teenbean wrote:See I thought that once I got my brand new car that there would be no eating allowed, it'd be washed and vacuumed regularly.. and then my brothers kids moved in. And there are clothes everywhere, cheerios mashed into the carpet, and for some reason my dashboard seems to be a dust collector.

And I'm slacking BIG TIME on the upkeep.
Seriously. I used to hand wax my cars all the time, then I had kids, and it didn't happen anymore. And forget the hours spent Armor-alling the dash.I still managed to hand wash / wax the V last month. Looked NICE but I never realized how hard "wax off" is when the car is white too LOL!

Good to know about the 2 car seats and infant seat. We have 2 toddler seats in back now and it's pretty darn full, but I bet if we mounted an infant seat first, the 2 toddler ones would sit closer to the doors. They are Britax seats so they take up some ROOM.

frankoV
Car: 2008 SL Sedan, Magnetic Grey, CVT

I am sooooo glad to be done with car seats . . . and sour milk smell from spilt bottles . . . and food found rotting under the front seat [I put it there to eat it later, Daddy] . . . and . . .

But I must say, you inspired me, TB, and I now have a clean[er] car. Disappointed that you didn't make it over, though

teenbean

boingo82 wrote:
Seriously. I used to hand wax my cars all the time, then I had kids, and it didn't happen anymore. And forget the hours spent Armor-alling the dash.I still managed to hand wash / wax the V last month. Looked NICE but I never realized how hard "wax off" is when the car is white too LOL!

Good to know about the 2 car seats and infant seat. We have 2 toddler seats in back now and it's pretty darn full, but I bet if we mounted an infant seat first, the 2 toddler ones would sit closer to the doors. They are Britax seats so they take up some ROOM.
Mhm. I strap the infant seat in first then the others. Obviously there's really no extra room but they do fit lol. I bought the car for safety and then just crossed my fingers that I could stuff them all back there.

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

car looks great waxed.... im thinking of getting mine detailed this weekend... not quite sure yet.... its so hard to keep the super black clean... its like i have to wash it every day to look good....

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”