Warranty issues

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
SLAZHAMMER
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Hello. I have a 2008 A/C 3.5SE and I take it for an oil chage at Shell rapid lube. The guys there show me a class 2 oil leak from the seal that connects the engine to transmission I take it to the dealership and they tell me that nothing is wrong, wipe it clean and give it back to me... I drive it home and theres the bead again. I take it to a different dealership and they tell me that the tranmission may be leaking, or it was road grime. WTF!!!! I doenst leak that bad but still. I got a letter a few months ago and it stated that the powertrain warranty was extended to 10years 100k miles. So im not too concerned right now because I only have 17k on it and I only drive it occasionally. The second dealership, the service manager said, "Did you abuse this car? I know how you soldiers are and if you abused the car your transmission would not be covered under warranty." What a D-Bag. I was told that the dealer would have to prove in a court of law beyond a shadow of a doubt that what I did caused a mechanical faliure, in order to void the warranty. Any ideas on what I should do?

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

First of all NEVER EVER EVER go to a oil change place again in your like its either the dealer, shop who you know very well or yourself that does the work. "Class 2 oil leak" should be a clue as to how retarded these people are.

Second the service manager is a d!ck how dare he accuse you of abusing the car over a damn oil leak that develops over time.

Find a dealer you know and see the service manager directly, if he is an a** talk with the owner of the dealership.

Are you in the US military?

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

The dealer doesn't have to do or say anything as your warranty is with Nissan and no one else.Dealers will warranty anything Nissan [corporate] agrees in advance to pay for [cover].

Remember a dealership is nothing but a repair shop with a contract with Nissan to direct bill for repairs.A dealership is nothing but a Giant Nissan parts store with a discount agreement with Nissan to store and hold Millions of dollars worth of inventory which it sells to service department and or ocassionally directly to customers at a huge retail markup.

Important to understand EXACTLY how a dealership works financially.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”