Warped front rotors at 29,000kms?

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Rockford
Car: 2007 Quest SL

Not impressed. Nissan thusfar is refusing to cover it under warranty. Even less impressed!I'm going to try cryogenically frozen rotors and Hawk LTS pads. Anyone have any experience with either?

lino
Car: 1991 Q45a Fed-Spec, IQP/White, Texasoil 9 Accumulator Recharge, '93 TCU 1st Gear Start, JWFSB, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, BBS Forged Wheels, DRLs, Silverstars, Tint, Very Well Serviced.

People are getting even less mileage from their rotors. 30,000km - 40,000km is the most you should expect. Cryogenically frozen rotors and Hawk LTS pads are great. In my experience any of the top brands are fine. I've never had a problem with top brands. I know a lot of guys are very happy with Hawk on the street and track.

Rockford

That's pathetic. The first set of pads aren't even worn but the rotors are toast.Anyway I've experience with Hawk pads and am confident their LTS ones will be good too. I hope the cryo rotors last way, WAY longer than their crappy OEM counterparts.

lino
Car: 1991 Q45a Fed-Spec, IQP/White, Texasoil 9 Accumulator Recharge, '93 TCU 1st Gear Start, JWFSB, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, BBS Forged Wheels, DRLs, Silverstars, Tint, Very Well Serviced.

The oem stuff keeps getting cheaper all the time. I understand your frustration. Most new cars are built so cheap it's disgusting.

CoupeVQ35CVT
Car: '98 Lexus GS400, '91 'Yota Land Cruiser
'09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE CVT, '06 Sentra 1.8 SE

My brakes on the Altima Coupe are squealing whenever cooled down, and that's been since I hit around 12k miles... it has now 15k miles and I don't think they'll cover that under warranty either. I understand that the pads need replacing as at least 6 other forum member have reported the same thing since I posted about it.

I'm also very disappointed after paying good money for a NISSAN to have this issue arise. Last car to do this at this early of a stage was my '00 Dodge Neon which cost 8k less.... Nissan's quality is going down the crapper it seems.

Not sure what year your car is, but I'd keep a close eye on those damned power window regulators. They can be expensive/hassles. They fail quite more often on Nissans I've owned. On 3 cars out of 5, 2 of them failed at around the 3 yr mark, 1 one of them I barely ever used (rear window and hardly ever have passengers).

sssrdub
Car: b-ball,cars, girls

Any updates on your brake situation. I too have warped rotors and am looking to upgrade to either frozen rotors or brembos... Let me know please

lino

This forum has been very quiet. I don't know where all the Quest guys are.

Rockford

So far so good with the Frozen rotors and Hawk LTS pads. It's only been a couple of months and 6,000 kilometers though so take it witha grain of salt.

sssrdub

Rockford wrote:So far so good with the Frozen rotors and Hawk LTS pads. It's only been a couple of months and 6,000 kilometers though so take it witha grain of salt.
keep up the updates. I already ordered a set as well . Hell it can not be worse than the crap from the dealer.

Rockford

You got that right!

If mine are still smooth in a month or so I'll be ordering a set of slotted ones and HP+ pads for my CRX.

sssrdub

I got the frozen rotors and the hawk pads but I noticed that the hawk pads dont have the hole for the small guide pin and all the brake pads have a pad sensor (pin that scratches the rotor to warn you of low brake pads). I dont seem to be able to install the pads without removing one set of sensors. Did you have to do that as well ?

sssrdub

well I finished and test drove the van . Front feels awesome.. Rears on the other hand will need replacement as well...

Rockford

sssrdub wrote:I got the frozen rotors and the hawk pads but I noticed that the hawk pads dont have the hole for the small guide pin and all the brake pads have a pad sensor (pin that scratches the rotor to warn you of low brake pads). I dont seem to be able to install the pads without removing one set of sensors. Did you have to do that as well ?
Don't know. I didn't put them on myself. My mechanic didn't mention anything, though.

sssrdub

Well I ordered the rears as well.. They cost more than the fronts

Rockford

sssrdub

just an update. changed out the rear rotors and pads and it feels like new again. Hopefully these will last longer and not warp !!

Rockford

Well, I'm now at 48,000kms and things are still smooth. The hot weather's just niow arriving where i live so this summer will be the real test.
My rears are being done today. Had to get HPS pads instead of LTS since they don't make LTS for the rear. No biggie.
How's your set up been, sssrdub?

sssrdub

12000 miles and very happy and satisfied. No question. I actually just recommended a set to a man who came to my job with chrome wheels on his quest. I asked him if the brakes vibrated and he nodded with frustration on his face.

Rockford

Turned 60,000kms today and all is still well with my brakes.

dujo

I had problems with brake judder on my 2002. Put on EBC original equipment replacement rotors and Akebono ceramic pads (they make Nissan's pads). Also "burnished" the rotors-ten stops with moderate pressure from 35mph then allow them to cool. Have had no problems since. My neighbor and I did the job, but you should be able to find someone to put them on and you supply the parts.

sssrdub

Well new update. Frozen rotors are warped just like the o.e stuff. So new solution will be sought after. I actually live close to stop-tech. I will hit them up for a solution.

Return to “Quest Forum”