Warning Indicator Light and Meaning?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Q50S

Hey everyone. I am new. I have a problem and would like to know what you guys think.

I have a 2015 Q50S with just under 4000 miles. Recently, to avoid hitting a dog, I swerved and actually hit the center island divider and hopped it as well :ohno: :gotme

The car sustained minor damage to the front bumper, radiator support and radiator (luckily it wasn't much worse). The repairs were done and now I have "Driver Assist Indicator (Orange Color)" and the "Emergency Braking System Indicator (Orange Color)" light coming on after about 20-30 minutes of driving. :wtf2:

However, once the ignition is turned off and then turned on, the two indicator lights disappears. However, it indicator lights do come on again after 20-30 minutes of driving.

Since the system comes on only after 20-30 minutes of driving and stays on, I know something is wrong. Does this mean the sensor requires another calibration since repairs were done to the bumper and the general area or that the sensor itself is damaged?

Other than the problem described above, all other sensors work correctly.

Thank you all in advance.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICO!

It seems as though the system is triggering a fault after a period of driving. It's possible the emergency braking system error comes up once the system actually picks up on an emergency braking scenario. My instincts say that the EBS is faulting, which is in turn deactivating the rest of the driver assistance systems, thus resulting in the second light.

Did Infiniti repair it or did you go somewhere else? You may have to go in for repair warranty work to ensure it gets repaired correctly.

Q50S

Hello RicerX. Thanks for the reply.

Well, took it to Infiniti dealer and they replaced the sensor saying the original one was broken. Once they install the brand new sensor, the dealer couldnt get it to calibrate. The dealer proceeded to blame the body shop claiming their faulty repair was the reason why the new sensor couldnt be calibrated.

I asked the same dealer to recommend me to see a body shop they approve of and after visiting the second body shop, they confirmed that no permanent structural damages were sustained in the original accident and that since only the bumper, radiator support and radiator were replaced, it shouldnt have even affected the sensor in the first place.

When I went back to the dealer, they have no clue why they couldnt calibrate it. Should i take my car to another dealer since the one I am at appears to be clueless?

What do you think?

Q50S

Any idea as to why the dealer couldnt get the brand new sensor to calibrate?

RicerX

Dude... sounds like another dealer needs to take a look at the sensor instead. That's frustrating. Always good to get a second opinion. It sounds like this dealer is at a loss and no longer wants to bother with it.

I wish I knew what to do from here - my forte isn't quite there with the sophisticated electronics offered in this car, which is why mine is a completely stripped down sport model.

Q50S

Yeah it was extremely annoying to say the least.

I took my Q50S to another dealer and they fixed the issue. The original dealer try to cut corners by not removing the bumper during initialization/calibration.

The new dealer removed the bumper and started the initialization/calibration and now, everything is working well. I didnt realize the entire process took 5 hours, but I am glad it was done correctly.

Thanks for all your input RicerX!

RicerX

Fantastic that you have your car up and running correctly again!

I hate that you had to chase dealers around, but sometimes the extra leg work is necessary in order to get it done right. Thanks for following up and posting here! The information we gather here is very valuable for others that may share the same pain later down the road. Stick around!

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”