WARNING--Finish Line Detailing East Hanover, NJ

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
jblair083
Car: 05 G35 Coupe Ivory Pearl/Wheat

I brought my 2005 IP coupe to Finish Line in East Hanover,NJ for a detailing. The car has Work Varienza T1s rims with black centers and polished, clearcoated lips and rims.

They charged $200 for an in/out detail. Results were so-so but they must have used something on the wheels that damaged the clearcoat on the lips. They were spotted and had huge areas where the solution pooled at the bottom and ate away the clearcoat.

The owner/manager (John) gave me a hard time first saying that they were brought in like that (They weren't) and that they didn't cause the damage. After much arguing, he agreed to split the cost of refinishing the wheels. He said it would be about $150/wheel. I reluctantly agreed figuring I had to come up with another $300 to get them right.

I went to the best place for wheel refinishing by me (USA wheels in Fairfield, NJ) to confirm the price and they agreed with $150/wheel.

When it came time to drop off my car at Finish line, I asked John if I could take it to USA wheel. He became enraged and said that he had a guy that would only charge him $75/wheel. I said so I would only be responsible for $150? He said no, it would be $300. I asked him what happened to him paying half?? He said if I didn’t like it, I could take the wheels and shove them up my f-ing a**.

I'll never go there again and I recommend that no one else does either.

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

Have you ever heard of small claims court????

Were in sue happy America.

manta64
Car: m45

John Keenan is the worst human being you could meet ! he truly is a scum bag! POS - I had cars detailed by him worst job possible, I stood there and saw him treat his employees like s*** - this man has no education, no dignity !

Talking to one of his employees they told me he only hire illegal immigrants that he can pay lower wages ! under the minimum legal rate - and he abuses them - after talking toa few people in the auto deatil industry I found out that John has forced his way in the business by using cheap illegal labor to put other legit shops out of business.

After I was done talking to his employee I was told my car was ready and same thing the rims were damaged by the acid the used to clean the wheels since they do not want to do it by hand, they wanna do it the easy cheapest and fastest way possible, can't do that to BBS wheels the clearcoat cannot handle the Acid, now the scum piece of s*** detail shop owner does not want to pay me for the damage , after researching this I found this page you have here and wanted to add my bad experience there ! I will be taking him to small claims court for the entire amount!
I will print this to show the judge! that I am not the only one with this type of damage.

People stay away from this place and his illegal operation! :mad:

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

Good luck with your claim.

And welcome to Nico!

Return to “Detailing Forum”