Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Just picked it up today on Steam and played it for about 30 mins tonight, pretty damn fun so far. I'm a big fan of the Warhammer 40,000 books and this game does a pretty good job so far of relating to them.

Anyway, it plays real smooth at 1600/900 with all of the options maxed out on my Vaio. This thing never ceases to amaze me for a laptop. There is a Demo available on Steam, worth the DL for sure.

WD

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I can't decide whether I should pick up Space Marine or Dead Island. I want them both bad. I really enjoyed the Space Marine demo, but I also feel like it fell short of its potential in almost every way. I'd have liked something more nerdy, more Warhammer-core. I'd also have preferred at least the OPTION for first-person (though I'll admit watching myself chainsword through swathes of Orks is the best excuse for a third person perspective yet). But that's just the demo, and everything I've heard from friends (including some hardcore thousands-of-dollars-into-miniatures guys) has been positive and said with lots of glee.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I don't get into the board game aspect of warhammer at all, just the books. But I'll agree that swinging a f*** chain sword makes me a little giddy sometimes. Especially once you've figured out some of the combo's etc.

I played it on the hard setting and was killed repeatedly. I like a game that is actually difficult on the hard setting.

Also, playing a space marine and mauling/blasting all things Chaos seems to spur the imagination because between reading Warhammer and Playing Warhammer I did nothing but dream Warhammer last night. I woke up this morning and felt like going out to the garage and sharpening my chainsaw!!!

Return to “Gaming”