wanting to import a "rolling chassis" :)

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
kydrifter99
Car: 2001 Honda S2000

hey, i fI bought a skyline in japan, had the motor/transmission removed in japan, then shipped over here, it wouldn't be considered a car right, so wouldn't have to go through all the regular bs.....it would be a rolling chassis. Similar to importing car parts, not a car....... I don't know the theory works, I talked to a guy I know who world in indiana that has imported 2 skylines, I cna't get any straight answers form him, but his head mechanic said something about removing engine and importing it that way, then just going to the dock paying whatever and leaving with the car, put th eengine back in it at the shop.......anyone else had a similar experience, or heard of similar experience? I just want to speak to someone who has done it and is open with me about it before I go throw down a bunch of money(I've allready got burned once trying to get a skyline over here, don't want it to happen again)

sean8564
Car: 1993 GTR Vspec, 1991 300zx TT Black , 1993 Nissan Silvia, 1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe RB25DET

Yeah that is true; you still run the risk of having the car crushed. But I knew of two company's that use to do that. They only brought one container each and stopped doing it cause of legality issues.

kydrifter99
Car: 2001 Honda S2000

do you know of anyone that still does it?

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”