2014 Focus ST

Get Amnesia: Dark Descent.

It
Will
f***
Your
s***
UP!

There's a demo on steam...and the full game is only $20. TOTALLY worth it if you're into survival horror games. (No...Dead Space isn't survival horror)
By the makers of Penumbra...also one of the most psychotically creepy and scary games I've played

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Havent heard of it but interested. What system?

My fav. horror game has to be "The Suffering", the first one, for PS2. Great game

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

PC only.
After an hour of playing it...I'm sweating, my heart is racing, and I'm hearing things. That and I have a weird need to hoard lamp oil.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Yep, Amnesia's fantastic. Been waiting for it to hit Steam for a while.

I would call it a horror adventure puzzle game rather than survival horror, though. There's no combat in Amnesia. You're an average guy with no weapons and you can't fight back. You have to run and hide if you see a monster. It makes for a VERY tense experience.

The game also uses realistic physics for more than just show. Many of the game's puzzles use physics. And I'm not talking "stack the boxes." For instance, you don't just "use" doors to open or close them in one go. You grab them and open them as you would a real door. So you can swing them open a little to take a peek into the next room. And you can slide a desk in front of a door to keep that monster out (though he'll pound on the door until he gets through eventually).
ScorchedNX2K wrote:PC only.
After an hour of playing it...I'm sweating, my heart is racing, and I'm hearing things. That and I have a weird need to hoard lamp oil.
Lamp oil and tinder boxes. :eek:

alms24sebring

sounds tight but my computer sucks buttcheeks for games. I tried playing I think Age of Empires 3 and it was super lag, like 3 frames per minute when even small explosions happened.

Also, recently got rid of everything and set everything to factory settings. But now the sound doesnt work. I have desktop speakers. Any tips on what to do?

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

alms24sebring wrote:Also, recently got rid of everything and set everything to factory settings. But now the sound doesnt work. I have desktop speakers. Any tips on what to do?
Could be a few things.

First off, how did you reset everything to factory settings?

Did you uninstall your audio drivers without reinstalling them?

Does your machine have both onboard and discrete (removable sound card) audio? If so, are your speakers plugged into the output on the right card (likely the onboard sound if you restored to factory).

Are your speakers plugged in? (just kidding)

Do you have windows configured to use the right audio output device (go to control panel and there should be an option "sound" or "speakers and sound devices" or something similar. Click that, make sure everything looks right.

alms24sebring

Ooooohhh, it has to be plugged in
..kidding

I mean I restored the computer to default setting under start button and erased everything I had.
Yes I did go to control panel and all the options, it looks like its set uo right. Dont know about the sound card.

I saw this dude in my school that I know who really knows about computers. He said I could just download the software off of Dell.com. Come to think of it I think I remember using the installation disc for them. I might be able to find it or I guess I can try the Dell website.

I just know that they worked before, then after restore, they didnt. Im pretty sure I just have to install the info

RCA

AHAHA

Holy crap you nailed it on the head with this threads title:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... rk-Descent

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Yeah I LOVE Yahtzee

alms24sebring

ok so I fixed the sound. Picking up this game as soon as I can

Return to “Gaming”