Want to buy 350z

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
xiaxk
Car: Nissan 350Z

Hi Guys,

I don't know how to put it elegantly but this is what i want to do:

I intend to buy a Nissan 350Z as i have saved enough!

I live in Australia and the prices range from 9000$ to 15000$ (AUD) for 350Z (2003 to 2006). My budget is 10000$

What are the things that I should be looking for? What questions should i be asking the seller?

All i know is that there are Track/Roadster/Touring; what is the main difference guys?

I've my eyes set on this:
https://imgur.com/a/0yfN9

The description of the ad says:
bose audio
leather,heated,electronic seats
Brembo brakes
Versus rims
Spoiler
Etc/much more

are they stock parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated?

On a side note, I drive a Mitsubishi ASX LS 2017 (which i intend to keep).

mrwrolguy
Car: 2004 White 350z Touring Edition

Take it to a shop and have them look it over frontend if its standard check if the sencros are good in 3rd and 5th if Automatic smell the fluid does it smell burnt... check for existing codes and past codes on the ECM Remember any problems at point of sale will be 10 times worse when you get home.. Im living that right now. These vehicles consume oil regularly. Check your oil weekly or before and after any spirited driving. If the vehicle has codes and the seller says O its a sensor.. RUN RUN RUN. You will just be buying someone elses problem like I did. Good Luck Use your brain instead of emotion. :dblthumb:

xiaxk
Car: Nissan 350Z

Thank you mate for the reply. I will do what you advised.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Lots of these cars have been wrecked, not sure if AUS has carfax or something similar. I'd avoid a car with accident history if i could. 07-08 have slave cylinder problems, if it hasn't been replaced and you aren't comfortable pulling the trans, stick to the earlier cars. the earliest cars seemed to have the most trouble but should all be sorted by now. They really are quite dependable, it's neglect and shortcut "fixes" that make small problems worse. If you find a car wiht a good service history that's a plus. High miles aren't a real big deal, obviously less is better but mine is nearing 180k miles. If you want to track the car the track or Grand Touring models wiht the brembo brakes are advised. I'd avoid base model cars (no steering wheel controls) these have open diff's and a few other oddball diffs, and no cruise control, who wants to own a car without cruise control?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

350Z are pretty robust cars.

Auto transmissions are strong.
The manuals are strong too.

Its the 03,04 and some early 05s manuals that had funky syncros in some cars.
By now since the cars are older probably replaced if it was an issue in any event a test drive will show. If an issue this usually shows most noticably when shifting from 2nd to 3rd..

Not sure what the Australian market trims are/were.. but the VLSD diff started with the Enthusiast on up ( as did the Xenons)
The Track models had Brembo brakes

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”