VQ35HR twin Turbo or Supercharger?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
HurricaneDj
Car: Subaru LGT 2.5T Lmtd

The EX VQ35HR 3.5-liter V6 engine (290hp) is the same as in the new Nismo350Z and Infinity G... both are tuned to more than 300hp stock! Not to mention there are aftermarket parts like Twin Turbos and Superchargers for this VQ35HR making it push closer to 400hp>>> Will it be possible to crossgrade aftermerket parts and tune??? Or will we see parts pop up after the release of the EX>??

I hope so... I am considering changing from my Subaru LGT turbo to the EX... Mostly for the cargo door, that alows me to load my Turntables and gear!! I dont need a big heavy bus" of an SUV, and I like that the EX seems to be the closest thing to a "Coupe" or Sadan in terms of size and performance///>>>> Still I am spoild by the performance of my little AWD Turbo Scooby... I feel like the EX with a supercharger or even just exaust and a tune, would put it over 300hp... and that would be enough to offset the extra weight!

any thoughts??

mikek

You'd probably have to wait to check hood and fender clearances, to do a test fit of any cross platform parts. The Block should be the same, the differences typically comes from either slightly revised heads, or just how Infiniti chose to program the ECU. With the Engine having the same HR designation, I would guess that it is in the programing that takes it down to 290.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”