vq35de into 1998 maxima

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
aaronlitchfield
Car: 1998 nissan maxima

I am having a little trouble in this swap. I should preface by saying that I am in no means a mechanic, and that the mechanic I hired to do this is having some trouble getting the fine tuning of this swap down. Here is what is goin on. I bought the 1998 max with the vq35de swap already done, it had a spun bearing and chucked a rod through the bottom of the engine, this is before i got the car. I bought the car, had it taken to my mechanic, and bought a new vq35de to put into, its using the 3.0 cpu, therefore has the 3.0 timing and has the adapters to make this work. I should also say that there are racing injectors put into the old engine, that were taken out and swapped into the new one, (I dont know if this matters, but i know that timing and fuel injectors are related) The problem is the car is having a really hard time turning over, and I am looking for any ideas as well as any helpful advice other than dont bite off more than you can chew, i got that part already.

aaronlitchfield
Car: 1998 nissan maxima

The answer to the problem:

The swap requires the fuel system to be returnless, after checking my fuel pressure regulator, and turning it down, and pulling the soaked spark plugs and letting them sit, it started right up.

BoostedA33
Car: 2001 Maxima @10psi 5mt
2005 Altima SE-R 6mt

Good stuff, I had a simular problem when I did one for my buddy. However I would have looked at the flywheel postion sensor first. Glad you figured it out either way.

Isnt it great when you hit the midrange powah???? lol

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”