VQ35DE in S13 in progress.....

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
240_l3oi
Car: 1992 240SX SE ,120k miles. owned for 3 years

240sxautox wrote:http://s141.photobucket.com/al...1.flv

that should work
thanks alot bro. i cant wait to see this car on the road. its gonna be bad ***

240sxautox
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SE

no problem, and yeah that car will be sick, I'm having the same motorswap done on my car real soon.

Reno
Car: 89 S13, boosted.. RAWR..

omg....... u both just passed my link as if it weren't there... mine is fullscreen but w/e

240sxautox

it happens. it was an oversight on my part.

SpecDRacing

Ok gang, some more news....

I installed the A/F sensors the other day to get the car to rev up properly. Good news is it works fine....bad news is (and I figured this) the stock 240SX fuel pressure regulator does not retain the proper fuel pressure for this engine.

Fuel pressure on the returnless systems is around 52-55 lbs. Fuel pressure on a stock 240sx is about 38 lbs at idle and not much more than 42 or so at full throttle. This means we will be installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Which is kinda cool cause we can play with that some to get the most power. Also, on return style systems, fuel pressure is no controled by vaccum.

So thats pretty much it for now, we will get back to it sometime this week. I just purchased my personal 240SX today (pick it up tomorrow). So preperations for that swap will begin shortly although I have a few customers to take care of first. By the way, we ordered the VQ35HR pistons for my motor.....but my motor isnt a VQ35.....................I guess I'll just have to keep you guessing till I build it........****cough cough...supercharger too.....cough cough. Later gang.

sbird1
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

Supercharged 3.5L?

... think I need a new pair of pants...

myS13wantsaVQ35
Car: 1990 240sx / 1997 2dr Tahoe

You never gave me a price on the motor mounts, if there just stock mounts that is cool, but said you where going to move the motor a little closer to the front of the car because it would hit the fire wall in hard turning; so are they still stock mounts? I am just after all the info I an get before I get started, thanks and goodluck with the rest of the swap.

myS13wantsaVQ35

Is it because I am a newbie to this forum that SpecDRacing does not reply to anything I write. If your not wanting to give me any info on the mounts because of the whole money thing, I will pay for a set of them.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

calm down man, Im sure he doesnt want to drop everything hes doing just to reply to your post. Im sure he will get to it when he has time, otherwise try emailing him or something. "beggers cant be choosers". No it is not becuase you are a noob.

NCturbo75
Car: 2006 INFINITI M35...

SpecDRacing wrote:I put Queen NC, but it's just short for the Queen City. Charlotte.
Hey bro...I live in Charlotte, too. I would love to see that beast in person. Are there any upcoming 240 meets in town or nearby?

ca18datsun510
Car: bmw 330i zhp, 91 infiniti m30, 89 240sx, 07 zx6r, 05 trx450r

myS13wantsaVQ35 wrote:Is it because I am a newbie to this forum that SpecDRacing does not reply to anything I write. If your not wanting to give me any info on the mounts because of the whole money thing, I will pay for a set of them.
you dont give him enough time. not everyone lives on nico. you are only waiting a couple hours between posts.

nzmoman
Car: 240sx 2 of em' and always lookin for more

myS13wantsaVQ35 wrote:Is it because I am a newbie to this forum that SpecDRacing does not reply to anything I write. If your not wanting to give me any info on the mounts because of the whole money thing, I will pay for a set of them.
Be cool and let the man breathe...He obviously has a ton of things he's doin'...give him a break.

myS13wantsaVQ35

If six days between( 1:46 PM 12/27/2006- 2:10 PM 1/2/2007) me letting him know what kind of mounts I need and then me saying somethings about him not answering, well then I am sorry. All I asked for was a price of an item I am willing to pay money for, and he had reposted since he asked me which mount I needed ( 5:44 PM 12/31/2006). I even waited two days after that post to write something negative. Sorry again, I just really want to get this project rolling.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

in that time you probably could have designed, and made your own.

240sxautox

this doesn't need to be a forum of b****ing, he'll get back to you when he has time. He has a family and a job, let him get back to you when he has time.

sbird1
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

I feel like this is like one of those awkward conversations where the person you're talking about is standing right next to you...

240sxautox

haha, i love those awkward conversations

myS13wantsaVQ35

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:in that time you probably could have designed, and made your own.
I thought the point of this forum was to help each other out. He would help me by selling the mounts that he already made, and I would be helping him by buying the mounts he has already made. It may seem as if I am a little up tight but he is the one posted "Sure, I can sell you some mounts. Just tell me what motoor ( FWD or RWD). I will say no more about this and just wait and hope I get a chance to buy some mounts.

NSR_s30
Car: '99 Ford F250 7.3L Diesel, '71 Datsun 240Z

Cool project!

myS13wantsaVQ35

keping it up top

desertdominator

I am amazed you got this going! I have a VQ35DE in a sand rail (you may have seem my picts on Engineswaptech) that I can't get started. I was wondering about the CAN line, I don't have a TCM attached to my trans so how did (or would) you close this line. As I understand, it needs a 108-132 ohm resistor to close this line but what about he communication? Any and all info/hints would be greatly appreciated.

DDMS

3.5Litre240
Car: Nissan 240sx with VQ35DE being installed

yo mark how much longer u think??? wats left to do??? my dad said the drive shaft should be in monday. am i going to need to break the motor in when i get it back

SpecDRacing

NCTURBO75

Sure man, get my email from my profile and hit me up directly.

SpecDRacing

HEY GANG>>>>>>

OK, sorry its been so long. I have been busy with family and my own vehicle. Recently I traded my piece o' s**t honda for a 1993 240sx fastback. The previous owner said it couldnt run and had been trying for a year. 2 hours at the dealership and I had it going. That didnt mean it was perfect....lets just say they screwed alot of stuff up in their attempts to get it right, and I have had to fix so much crap. Back to this forum.

As for the motor mounts....I can't remember who, but somone on here kept asking about getting a set from me. I was happy to help, but I see that he is very impatient and will be better off not dealing with me. I have a familly, a full time job as a tech at a dealership, also a part time side business at my shop, and on top of all that.....I'm building the car that this thread is about. So now, if you would like your motor mounts built, you will just have to get in line. I have another one of these to build at the drop of the hammer from this one. He is delivering his car from Atlanta, meaning he is willing to bring it to me and drop the cash. I am willing to help everyone on here, but you gotta respect my personal time and the others ahead of you.

Again to everyone following, I appologize for the down time. The driveshaft is supposed to be here any day. The new manifolds are in progress and the speedo setup should be here as well. To fill all of you in......current projects going on at the same time as this one:

1992 240SX with VQ (this thread)1987 200SX restoration (I am rebuilding a 200 for a customer)1997 240SX Drift car (SR20DET, full race)1993 240SX (my VQ40DE Supercharged 240sx)2002 CHILD (my daughter is 4, requires more time than any of these cars)8-5 at Superior Nissan of Charlotte

So, as for this project, I will be getting back on it tomorrow (MONDAY). I can't wait to drive this thing, and this week may yeild the first test drive. Like I said, all we're waiting on is the driveshaft and some exhaust work. The speedo install can wait till we get it moving. The fuel problem still exists, but we may just install a TITAN fuel pump assembly in the rear which houses the returnless system fuel pressure regulator, and basically cap off the line up front.

More to come and again, I really do want to appologize for the long wait.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!!!

Bwana
Car: Denali

Mark, you're doin' an awesome job man! Keep up the great work and don't feel like you need to apologize to us. There's not many on here that can work that electrical voodoo like you are!

DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

SpecDRacing wrote:1992 240SX with VQ (this thread)1987 200SX restoration (I am rebuilding a 200 for a customer)1997 240SX Drift car (SR20DET, full race)1993 240SX (my VQ40DE Supercharged 240sx)2002 CHILD (my daughter is 4, requires more time than any of these cars)8-5 at Superior Nissan of Charlotte
Damn, your busy. Nice build, good luck, and make another video but this time of it moving. 2002 CHILD, lol, that is a good one.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

yeah man, you dont need to apologize, after all, your doing US a favor! Best of luck with all your projects and stress.

240sxautox

I'm still amazed by this project, and that I'm going to have one just like it. and a VQ40DE..supercharged, thats insane. I can't wait to see that one finished up.

Oh I found a turbonetics single turbo setup that the owner of a local performance shop around here in atlanta says would work great with the VQ35, do you think supercharged or turbo'd would be the way to go on this motor? It wouldn't be for awhile, I'm sure I'd be happy with 300hp for quite awhile.

myS13wantsaVQ35

SpecDRacing wrote:HEY GANG>>>>>

As for the motor mounts....I can't remember who, but somone on here kept asking about getting a set from me. I was happy to help, but I see that he is very impatient and will be better off not dealing with me. I have a familly, a full time job as a tech at a dealership, also a part time side business at my shop, and on top of all that.....I'm building the car that this thread is about. So now, if you would like your motor mounts built, you will just have to get in line. I have another one of these to build at the drop of the hammer from this one. He is delivering his car from Atlanta, meaning he is willing to bring it to me and drop the cash. I am willing to help everyone on here, but you gotta respect my personal time and the others ahead of you.

More to come and again, I really do want to appologize for the long wait.
Yeah, it was me that kept asking; all of two times after you asked me with ones I needed. I do understand your busy person, I have job in which I work about 60 to 70 hours a week and try to drive 40 min to SC each week to work on my cars. Also if I had a family I would put them first as well, but please to not throw all of that out there just to make me look like a jerk. I would have never said a word about how long it took to get a price, not a set of mounts, just a price if you had not posted other stuff after I answered your question. I really do not need your mounts, I have a guy who wants to build them, and do all of exhaust work for me, but I wanted to throw some money your way. I wanted to show my appreaction for all the helpful stuff that you have posted so far. Because of all of the stuff that you had to find out the hard way is going to make my swap a little bit easyer. I am sorry about jumping the gun, which I have already said I was wrong about that before. If you want to make some money off of me; cool, if not I understand.

I am not here to bash anyone, I joined because of this thread and now I love this fourm. The amount of information is unbeliveable. I was a member on honda-tech for a while, but most of that was kids looking to bash someone if they asked a questions that was a little off. So the point is that please read this and the rest of the post before you guys start your bashing, there are two sides to every story, and I already said that I was wrong.

SpecDRacing

myS13wantsaVQ35

Cool dude, I honestly thought I had given you a price. I dont want to price them on the forum because I will get a rash of orders so if you would please email me from my profile, I will be happy to make you a set as soon as Im able to. So just email me personally and we'll forget the whole missunderstanding.

As for the project today......junkyards are wonderfull, especially when they try to send you the rear half of a drive shaft from a Ford Ranger and expect you not to know what you just got! Yeap, thats right, the drive shaft came in today, and was NOT from an 05 pathfinder. So now we're sending that one back and getting the right one.

For anyone interested in my personal swap, it will begin here in a few weeks. What is being used:

VQ40DE from an 06 Pathfinder (9.7:1)VQ35DE 35th Anniversary Cams (248/248)VG33ER supercharger (Xterra/Frontier)04 350Z ECM05 350Z Trans (CD009)E-Manage Ultimate PiggybackCustom lower intake manifoldElectric Throttle

Being that I have the new VQ35HR pistons, and that they are so d*** light (shorter skirt, teflon coated primary ring land and skirt), I may see what the compression will be with those in the engine. My guess it it will drop compression by about .2. This will give me a nice 9.5:1 ratio wich will be great for boost. The supercharger while from an Xterra and not the best, will be just fine for the lightweight 240SX, is getting resealed and having a smaller custom pully made for it to compensate for engine displacement.

Back to the VQ35 S13, once again we are waiting. Hopefully it will be this week that I get to cut a donought, keep your fingers crossed!

Return to “240sx General Discussion”