vq engine?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
r35forums.com

Do any of you think there will be a VQ engine in the next gtr or not?I keep wondering what engine the gtr concept had as I know for sure it had one(have proof). I personally think it will be a VQ of under 3 liters, but thats just me. What you all suggest?

w1ngzer0
Car: Pfft. i don't own a box

Nah i think they understand they are needing more then just a turbo now. The skyline has always been a technologic and hp wonder

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

The current racing R34s I see in mags have VQs in them. Maybe Renault will force Nissan to take hand me down frog engines. Very sad:(

r35forums.com

the vq is a great engine, has become a favorite in the jgtc, since replacing the rb26, I mean it is old and outdated. Rb's go way back to the 80's. I love the VQ and VK series, they are powerful.

themadscientist

"way back to the 80s", dam I`m old :( The one thing I dislike about the VQ is the hondaesque floating cylinders, I would like to see the deck closed off.

r35forums.com

Well, the vq has many advantages over the rb. I know for a fact that it must be good, it replaced the rb in the jgtc. Both the 350z and r34's have them. I imagine the r35 will have it as well, a vq I mean.

themadscientist

I see no visible advantages of the VQ over the RB save for dimensions. The 60 degree(?) V6 fits the new Nissan platforms better and allows more weight balance than an I-6 RB could. Past that I would stack the RB against the VQ anyday.

sidewaySilvia
Car: check bio you eeediot

Well , I have been working for nissan for some time.. I have a very good rapport with one of the reps , who does concept shows.. He told me the new infinity skyline.. Will be costly in the $50-60k range.. I believe him saying one of the current platforms (vq , or qr . Prob the vq) twin t'd .. For a release in 2007.. John would not lie to me

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”