Volume control on steering wheel

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

I did not purchase the premium package with my Rogue. I just wondering can I install it now?

philipa_240sx

The simple answer is no. The base model radio does not support the steering wheel button controls.

Now if you are willing to pull apart the steering wheel, add the necessary switches and replace the head unit, then it may be possible. IMHO this is a very expensive option.

Goblin
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Your not missing anything. The placement suxs! My Dodge had the volume control under the wheel and you could easily finger it. These are out of the way and you often have to search for them. Most after market radios will offer a wireless remote that attached to the wheel to control all functions of the head unit. I would suggest looking into that before changing out the wheel, etc.

kk
Car: 2008 Black Wicked Fully Loaded SL AWD with Premium package, Leather Package, Moon Roof Package & Nav

i have the premium package, but to control the sound, i find the knob on the dashboard more convenient compared to the volume control on the steering wheel.. its not that great...

Return to “Rogue Forum”