voice recongition

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

getting some goofy response to voice commands on m35how is yours working?

roybite
Car: Infiniti M35x

Mine has been very good so far. 100%( I have only had the car for one month)

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

mazz wrote:getting some goofy response to voice commands on m35how is yours working?
Welcome to NICO, Mike!

What kind of responses are you seeing? I can imagine that it is not a perfect system ... no voice recognition is! ... but, it should be working most of the time with the correct actions!

Z

TXSJaybird

Mazz,

Ya, Ive gotten some goofy responses. I just had to play around with it and learn the system. Works great for me, just takes some time.

As Z said, no system is perfect.

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

I'd say my my success ratio is about 85% to 90% over the last month of ownership. As a point of comparison, on my wife's car, the voice recongition is only about 70% accurate. So I'm pretty happy.

mazz

i say tune it hears phonei am looking for address or street it changes topici will start over and read the book again

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Just a small foot note, voice rec doesnt work for canadian destinations (I thought mine was also not working well; but burried in the manual is a referance to this)...

My other 'built in' commands work fine, but voice tags for address book are useless!

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

tkeskic wrote:Just a small foot note, voice rec doesnt work for canadian destinations (I thought mine was also not working well; but burried in the manual is a referance to this)...
For Canadian destinations, one must append an "eh?"

"Hamilton, eh?"

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

maxnix wrote:For Canadian destinations, one must append an "eh?"

"Hamilton, eh?"
I'm ashamed to admit that only people in eastern Canada do that; I'm from Western Canada (1988 Winter games City Calgary)... I did however try the "Eh?" as most who live in the eastern Canada belive they are the centre of the world, which meant there was a chance Infiniti techs thought we also used "eh?" at the end of every sentance...

Just poking fun... Eastern Canada is great... Alberta is just better

szh

tkeskic wrote:Alberta is just better
Last January, I visited Calgary for a few days. The week after the high for one of the days had been -40 or so (Fahrenheit or Centigrade is the same for that value.)

Brrr ...

The days I was there, the temps were about 15 F in mid-day. All the folks were saying that they had a heat-wave!

Z

tkeskic

szhosain wrote:the temps were about 15 F in mid-day. All the folks were saying that they had a heat-wave!

Z
Thats about right! Chinook is what its really called in the winter, (some old indian word...)Hopefully you enjoyed your time in Calgary...

BTW; January is not a great time to visit, last year in Jan was a VERY cold one, but they are cold most of the time - Try the summer, August to be exact is fairly hot by most standards

szh

tkeskic wrote:Thats about right! Chinook is what its really called in the winter, (some old indian word...)
That is what they called it!

Quote »Hopefully you enjoyed your time in Calgary...[/quote]Oh, yes, except for the cold, it was just fine! I am there on occasion ... one of my radio suppliers has their offices there and I visit them sometimes to track work progress. The next trip will probably not be till mid-year 2006 though!

Quote »BTW; January is not a great time to visit, last year in Jan was a VERY cold one, but they are cold most of the time - Try the summer, August to be exact is fairly hot by most standards [/quote]Been there in the summer too ... the week or two just after the Stampede! It is a nice city for sure.

Z

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

AS far as I can tell, BC and Alberta are the most beautiful provinces west of Ontario.

tkeskic

szhosain wrote:
The next trip will probably not be till mid-year 2006 though!

Z
When you are here next time, send me a quick note, maybe we can share a beer!tk

tkeskic

maxnix wrote:AS far as I can tell, BC and Alberta are the most beautiful provinces west of Ontario.

I agree; We have it good in Alberta, other than federal sales tax, no taxes, great land, decent weather and great hiking, Skiing, fishing etc;

BC is cool to - I've been to Ontario, and that's a pretty nice place once you leave Toronto, but I belive that PEI and the maritimes (basically the whole area north of NY) has to be some of the best parts of the country. They have econmic issues, but very nice people, and the views - worth the trip!

I've not been to many US cities, but I like Denver/Colorado Springs the best so far. Houston was pretty nice (may be there on the 28th/29), San Diego was incredible, but way to expense for me....

szh

tkeskic wrote:When you are here next time, send me a quick note, maybe we can share a beer!tk
Sure thing!

The potential dates are not certain yet, of course!

Z

guch
Car: m35

I am also getting the same goofy stuff on voice recongition, I am also having porblems with the blue tooth phone. Callers don't even want to talk to me because of all the nasty feedback they get.

Hows your bluetooth?

pjkelly
Car: Infiniti M35

I cannot get her to recognize streets in San Jose. 1st street, 2nd street etc. Also, she doesn't seem to understand Spanish. San Fernando, San Pedro, Santa Clara. Is anyone else having problems?

szh

pjkelly wrote:I cannot get her to recognize streets in San Jose. 1st street, 2nd street etc. Also, she doesn't seem to understand Spanish. San Fernando, San Pedro, Santa Clara. Is anyone else having problems?
Welcome to NICO!

I think we need to start keeping track of what the recognition finds difficult to understand. Also would be good to see if Infiniti releases "software" updates for the system in the future.

By your post, I assume you are in the SF Bay Area! Where are you located? Did you get your car at Frontier Infiniti or Peninsula Infiniti or ...?

Z

pjkelly

Yes, I live in the South Bay (Morgan Hill). I purchased my car in a private transaction. Only had 1700 miles on it. I'm really enjoying it, but the voice-activiated nav is absolutely worthless to me if it won't recognize the streets I need to go to.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Does the voice recognition take time to "recognize" your voice?

pjkelly

A little bit, but it doesn't seem excessive. By the way, is there a way to "default" to your state so you don't have to say it all the time?

mazz

i am having a little better luck when i speak in a little quicker mannerwhen i go too slow and try to speak each word # or letter too clearly it gets worse

steviebstrummin

Voice commands are useless in my M. It's like talking to my X.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I have a voice recognition suite called ViaVoice on my iPaq.Hopefully voice rec software has improved over the last few years...because ViaVoice was about as useful as a flat tire.

As Z said...I wonder if Nissan plans on releasing some form of a "firmware" update for the M's voice recognition (or other) systems...

Also, how prevelant are "hacks" for such systems? A bit of "creativity" may go a long way in the direction of fixing some of these problems (or toward voiding one's warranty...).

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Not the best so far (1 month). It's mostly impossible if you have other people in the car. I was driving some coworkers to lunch and was trying to show off the voice commands and it became a joke. But it was funny to see what it would do. We were trying to dial numbers and ended up dialing the operator ("Dial 0") or tuning to AM ("Dial 1080 AM").

Is there a way to turn off the "speak command after tone" message? I know I'm waiting for the beep. Just allow me to do it faster.

macrossVFX

Mine have problem recogniztion '4'. Whenever I said 'dial 4xx-xxx-xxxx', 90% of the time it became 'dial 0xx-xxx-xxxx'

...sigh.... Other then that, the system is great!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”