vk56de pistons

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
48-710

Hi guys,
I'm a newbe to the forum and looking for some info on vk56de pistons. What I would like to know does any one make an off the shelf flat top piston ?. We built an engine,not Nissan, to see if the combo we used would work and it shows potential. Our next step is to increase the comp ratio with pistons. If off the shelf aren't good I guess forged will be next on the list.Hoping that someone will be able to help.
Regards, Gary

1969honda

About your cheapest option that I have seen for VK56DE pistons was a pricing list with Wiseco from flatlanderracing.com for ~$8-850 a set. They were forged and Flatlander is no longer in business, everyone else is closer to 12-1600. If you contact Randy at RaceTech/AutoTech he should have my sample piston I sent for quote awhile ago and was around $650 for a set of 8.5:1 pistons setup for a supercharger and possible shot of N2O.

Another really good resource would be to pop over to the FB VK Nation page and ask there. Nick Hunter from 5523 Motorsports is fairly regular on there and he has a large amount of Nissan IMSA racing team and VK56 build experience. Ray Shake sometime's looks in from MA-Motorsports (owner of the shop behind Chris Foresberg's VK56 powered drift monster) and several other international performance shop owners and racers all familiar with the VK56 engine and aftermarket.

J.D.

gmansyz
Car: 2016, Nissan Versa Note

Could you not contact the piston manufacturers directly?
I made racing postings for 20 years and we have shops discounts. Usually they are about $100 a hole. Including pins, rings and clips.
G

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”