VK56 Swap left and right heads--possible?

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
guitaraholic
Car: 95 240sx SR20DET

Would it be possible to swap the left and right heads on a VK56,, more specifically, VK56VD? This is done for a specific reason. Yes, it would move the intakes to the outside and the exhaust in the middle of the V. Packaging for the exhaust will not be an issue, because this will not be going in a truck or car, It will be going in my SL-C (mid engine component super car).

One may ask why go through the trouble of doing this. For the shear fact to get the exotic Ferrari"ish" sound that you normally could only get with 180 degree headers (listen to a new M6, it has this exact same setup, a crossplane crank with a hot head, crossover exhaust). If the bolts and water jackets line up. I don't see the rest being too much of an issue.

I have a VK56vd in storage, however, because I'm in Afghanistan for the next 6 months, I don't have access to take the heads off and see if it fits.
This one is mine, yes, it's not pretty yet,, its unpolished, rolling chassis,, with glue all over it.. lol,, it will look more like the one below it when I'm done

]Image

hellbilly66

oil drainback holes will be completely off.
front cover wont fit.
and i have no idea how you could make the timing chain guides and tensioners work. its been a while since I looked at my vk but those are the first things that come to mind.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”