VK45DE to Nissan Titan?

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
dbojar
Car: Titan V8

Hi all,
sorry that i starting new topic but i couldnt find info.
I bought Nissan Titan few months ago. Everything was ok till yesterday. I was driving to work and suddenly engine stopped.
The car was taken to the garage and i got the diagnosis. Timing belt is broken.
I was searching for engine but in my domestic market is unavailable. I found VK45DE engine in good price and now i need Your help.
Will the VK45DE engine fit in to my Titan? What could be the problem with this swap (if i can call it like that)?
Sorry for my english, i'm doing my best..
Thanks for Your help.

veery
Car: 06 M35x Umbria Grey

Your truck doesn't have a timing belt, it has a chain. Breakage is unlikely, but if it IS broken it is fixable.

dbojar
Car: Titan V8

veery wrote:Your truck doesn't have a timing belt, it has a chain. Breakage is unlikely, but if it IS broken it is fixable.
Sorry my mistake, chain. I know that it is fixable but costs are important for me. My engine has 180k miles so i could gass that will be general repair, spare parts for vk56de are very expensive or unavailable in Poland. Vk45de has 80k miles and its ready to use...

TOPNIS
Car: 2000 nissan maxima, 2004 nissan maxima, 95 nissan 240sx.

dbojar wrote:
veery wrote:Your truck doesn't have a timing belt, it has a chain. Breakage is unlikely, but if it IS broken it is fixable.
Sorry my mistake, chain. I know that it is fixable but costs are important for me. My engine has 180k miles so i could gass that will be general repair, spare parts for vk56de are very expensive or unavailable in Poland. Vk45de has 80k miles and its ready to use...
The vk45de and the vk56de have two totally different bel housings so if you're planning to use your previous transmission, it will not work without modifications or some sort of adapter.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”