VK45DE swap into Murano

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
CraziCH
Car: Nissan Murano V8 project

I have a 2004 nissan murano with a blown engine. I am trying to find out if anyone know if the FX45 has the same subframe as the Murano since the FX and the Murano are sister cars. I know the FX came in a RWD so I want to swap the drivetrain out and turn the Murano into a RWD V8. If anyone knows the dimensions of the two subframes or has a picture of the Fx45's subframe I appreciate if you would post it.

LoganFX
Car: 2006 Infiniti FX45

Different platforms, FX's share the 350 Z platform. You need tech frame pics you can overlay....would be a fun build if you could pull it off.

CraziCH
Car: Nissan Murano V8 project

I have been doing a lot of research into the swap. The steering, rear end, suspension (front/rear) are all identical. I just need to to climb under my murano once the snow melts and check to see if there are the pre-drilled holes in the frame for the fx's engine mounts. I have talked to two nissan techs who have both given me a lot of info regarding the swap.

LoganFX
Car: 2006 Infiniti FX45

Curious to see what you end up with. I just attempted a VK56 swap on my FX45 (after two mishaps with my VK45, the second being catastrophic) I purchased the 56 and my builder THEN took many measurements and said it would be a HUGE undertaking. Make sure you know (to the best of your ability) how compatible everything is before you jump in.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”