VK45 + G35 + Twin turbo

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
Tecni
Car: 2003 Turbo G35 coupe

I'm considering selling the 91 polished and chromed 91 vh valve covers. I can't use them since I'll be running 94 heads and even though the valve covers look alike, they aren't compatible. They were polished by the best in town and the polish job literally looks like chrome. You've seen them in some of my earlier pics.

Anyone interested please drop me an email at [email protected]

I will send more pics on request.

T45
Car: King Kong powered Z32

You should probably link this thread in the Q45 forum. Lots of VH geeks in there looking for different stuff for their Q's.

Tecni

good idea
T45 wrote:You should probably link this thread in the Q45 forum. Lots of VH geeks in there looking for different stuff for their Q's.

darinz
Car: Nissan Patrol

Tecni wrote:OEM intake runners for now...
So are you saying you can fit top feed injectors and those rails under the standard manifold? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!

Tecni

darinz wrote:
So are you saying you can fit top feed injectors and those rails under the standard manifold? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!
On the passenger-side bank, yeah. All I had to do is chop a small aluminum nipple off the underside of the spider.

Now, on the driver's side bank, you can expect some trouble since the spider dips down where the throttle body bolts up to .

Here are some pics of the valve covers.

tmorgan4
Car: 2000 Pathfinder

Tecni....awesome work. I'm following this one closely.

Is that a Mazworx transmission adapter? My bellhousing is with them right now but I'm afraid it might not work.

Tecni

tmorgan4 wrote:Tecni....awesome work. I'm following this one closely.

Is that a Mazworx transmission adapter? My bellhousing is with them right now but I'm afraid it might not work.
Yeah its from Mazworx. Why do you think it won't work?

tmorgan4
Car: 2000 Pathfinder

Not meaning to clog up your thread, but my starter sits in a different location than on the Z32s. Instead of bolting in through the side, mine comes in through the front and there's an arch in the bellhousing to clear the starter. The part that Mazworx machines is going to interfere with the starter arch, but I'm not sure by how much....

It might be as simple as trimming the adapter slightly and using 5 of the 6 bolts to mount the adapter to the VH. Just not sure how much custom work Mazworx is wanting to do.

Tecni

I had actually bought a VH starter which sits where yours does and infiniti was nice enough to swap it out for a J30 starter which is exactly the same as the 300zx so that it bolts up to the tranny instead.

Why don't you just get a 300zx starter and forget about your old starter?I had to trim the adapter a bit and I lost a mounting point but 5 screws is enough.
tmorgan4 wrote:Not meaning to clog up your thread, but my starter sits in a different location than on the Z32s. Instead of bolting in through the side, mine comes in through the front and there's an arch in the bellhousing to clear the starter. The part that Mazworx machines is going to interfere with the starter arch, but I'm not sure by how much....

It might be as simple as trimming the adapter slightly and using 5 of the 6 bolts to mount the adapter to the VH. Just not sure how much custom work Mazworx is wanting to do.

Jeff Taylor
Car: '96 240sx, VH45DET, 819wHP

Nice work man. By the quality of your work, you must do this stuff for a living. Do you work in an Orlando performance shop?

T45

I think what Tmorgan is saying is that his transmission doesn't have the option for mounting a starter to it. The pathy starter bolts to the engine on the VG just like the VH. I fink...

Tecni

T45 wrote:I think what Tmorgan is saying is that his transmission doesn't have the option for mounting a starter to it. The pathy starter bolts to the engine on the VG just like the VH. I fink...
If that's the case then the only two things he should be worried about is getting a VH starter and making sure it works on the 300zx flywheel. The tranny adapter is still going to need some trimming.

mtcookson
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX
1992 Iinfiniti Q45
and much much more

VH starter probably won't mesh with the Z32 flywheel. The teeth of the flywheel are curved in one direction and I don't believe a front mounted starter will mesh with a rear mounted starter flywheel and vise versa.

Now... you may be able to make it work with Mettler's custom flywheel. Its specifically designed to work with the VH.

gs14racer

the vh starter will mesh with the z32 flywheel the teeth are straight on the flywheel as well as both starters.

mtcookson
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX
1992 Iinfiniti Q45
and much much more

Sweet, good to know!

Tecni

Quick update:-20 AN fitting welded to the front of the Thermostat housing. This eliminates the radiator fill cap, PCV vlave and distribution block.

On this pic I was just polishing up on my UMMM... polishing skills. Now I remember why I pay so much to get stuff polished! Coz its a pain in the @$$.

Tecni

Intake manifold parts came in.

Tecni

Carl H
Car: 1995 240SX SE RB30DET

pretty baller setup man...

darinz

Tecni wrote:Quick update:-20 AN fitting welded to the front of the Thermostat housing. This eliminates the radiator fill cap, PCV vlave and distribution block.
I have done this and it is a real mission to fill the engine with water/coolant. It air locks and I've found I have to remove top rad hose and fill engine from there. I'm going to refit a filling cap in a similar place to solve the problem.

Tecni

Driver's-side bank finished.

Tecni

yeah that's because your radiator sits lower than the top of of your motor. If I encounter a problem, I'll just put it back on.
darinz wrote:
I have done this and it is a real mission to fill the engine with water/coolant. It air locks and I've found I have to remove top rad hose and fill engine from there. I'm going to refit a filling cap in a similar place to solve the problem.

T45

Tecni wrote:yeah that's because your radiator sits lower than the top of of your motor. If I encounter a problem, I'll just put it back on.
I had to chop off my fill neck to make clearance for the hood the other day and was wondering how it would affect the whole air lock thing. I think if I have to have some kind of bleeder it would probably be just a piece of alum tube with a bolt in it for bleeding the air out. It's going to be close though so I guess we'll see.

Newayz that's one smooth build. You've still got a long road ahead of you but the end result will be well worth the hard work!

canadiandrifter240sx

I plan to drill and tap a hole on top of the thermistat houseing and install a 1/4 "t-bar" bleeder screw. we use them on heating systems at work.

Carl H
Car: 1995 240SX SE RB30DET

you may not even need to add a bleeder in...you can use a vaccum system to pull coolant in, but a bleeder still should be fitted..this is how they bleed muranos now since the radiator is lower than the heads.i have the air lock issue with my motor because the radiator sits lower than my head does but the bleeder is the highest point and when using a coolant funnel im able to get almost all of the air out.

Tecni

Somebody requested a pic showing the inside of the runners. Here's a look:

UNported:Ported:I can't finish the porting until I get the runners fully welded to the flanges.

T45

Carl H wrote: and when using a coolant funnel im able to get almost all of the air out.
Ah, I forgot about those things. I used to work at my uncles shop and the mech had one of those. One of the most useful tools in the shop!

Something like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

Sorry for the post jack.

darinz

Tecni wrote:yeah that's because your radiator sits lower than the top of of your motor. If I encounter a problem, I'll just put it back on.
No, my radiator is higher than the engine. The engine is about 50 to 100mm lower than the radiator and th cap is a little bit higher again. The problem is it airlocks and before the thermostat open it start creating steam and blowing water out.

Tecni

Couldn't you bleed it through one of the temp sensors?
darinz wrote:
No, my radiator is higher than the engine. The engine is about 50 to 100mm lower than the radiator and th cap is a little bit higher again. The problem is it airlocks and before the thermostat open it start creating steam and blowing water out.

Tecni

Log style manifolds for now. I don't want to get too crazy (IE equal length) and end up with something that wont fit. Flow won't fe the greatest but it will definitely do the job.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”