Visual Garage shark fin antenna for EX!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
raijin978
Car: 08 Liquid Platinium Silver EX35

I just ordered mine lead time about 2 week for those who interests to replace their oem antenna! Best way to order is to email them like I did. Here are the link of the pics!!

http://www.visualgarage.com/Product_VG_SFA_MKII.html

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

Will it pick up XM?

raijin978

XIS wrote:Will it pick up XM?
as for me I don't listen to radio as much as playing my ipod while driving I'm leaning toward looks than functions.

from Visual Garage:

This new shark fin antenna was developed specifically for vehicles that have an AM/FM rear-roof whip antenna and a Sirius/XM/OnStar/GPS chip-set antenna integrated into the larger antenna base. Our Mark II antenna will allow you to replace the whip portion of your AM/FM antenna and cover the entire large antenna base on your roof to give it a clean look. Installing this antenna will not hinder the operation of your Sirius/XM/OnStar/GPS chip-set antennas that are integrated into your antenna base, however, it may be possible to notice a slight drop in reception in AM/FM especially when listening to stations that are located further away or stations that have weaker signals.

blfstyk

I got the shark fin a year or so ago. Works fine with Satellite radio and no loss of quality with AM/FM that I've noticed, but I usually use the flash drive anyway, not so much the radio.

BTW, here's an install tip I learned the hard way. Be very careful not to touch the adhesive base when you're installing the shark fin. If you get even a tiny bit of the adhesive on your finger and then press on the fin to mount and seal it, you will remove some paint from the fin and it won't be pretty. You'll have to get some touch up or spray paint to fix it.

raijin978

blfstyk wrote:I got the shark fin a year or so ago. Works fine with Satellite radio and no loss of quality with AM/FM that I've noticed, but I usually use the flash drive anyway, not so much the radio.

BTW, here's an install tip I learned the hard way. Be very careful not to touch the adhesive base when you're installing the shark fin. If you get even a tiny bit of the adhesive on your finger and then press on the fin to mount and seal it, you will remove some paint from the fin and it won't be pretty. You'll have to get some touch up or spray paint to fix it.

thank you for the helpful tips I'm sure I'll manage to mess thing up haha

Jaymes
Car: 2017 QX50 BEAST WAGON

Bump on this old-a** thread. Anybody else get this for our cars? I'm thinking of getting this to make the car look more streamlined/sleek. Any word on the performance of these antennas? Thanks

seaop1
Car: 2015 QX50 Journey with all options

I got one about two weeks ago but haven't had time or the weather to install it. The paint match is perfect.
I'll report when I get it installed in about two weeks.

Jaymes

Please do. I am interested in replacing the antenna on my car for one of these sleek badass motherfudgers

Jaymes

Is there a difference between this brand and the other ones that I see on ebay? These sets are $89 whereas I see some on ebay for closer to $30. The ones on ebay also look more sleek and skinny, and these look kind of chunky

seaop1

Well, we finally had decent weather in Seattle and I got my Fin up on the car. Easy installation per the instructions. I used 99% Isopropyl alcohol and then Dawn Liquid on a cotton swab and Iso again.
I used Blue tape to center and made sure the top was 75 degrees using a hair dryer and a laser thermometer. The hook up went fine and all reception is great. I live/work in an area where if you don't have cable or dish you can't get reception and the car has no loss of reception or GPS

Jaymes

That looks good! Do you have any pictures from far away to get a feel for how the profile looks?

seaop1

I don't but I can take one over the next few days

Jaymes

seaop1 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 pm
I don't but I can take one over the next few days
Looking forward to it :bigthumb:

seaop1

Car is on a trip with my wife. You'll have to rely on the current pics. Also, ran it through a car wash, heavy rains for days, snow and no issues.

Jaymes

Sounds like a good product so far? I just placed my order so i'll see when it gets here

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”